Field advance Tabs / Returns / Enter - Browse vs Find

This topic is 3011 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

So i was cleaning up some user data entry and noticed some fields had errant returns in them - which of course is bad when the field is used in a relationship or value list. 

Managed to clean up the set of records - and thought the easiest way to prevent this is at the point of entry by making the return and enter keys also go to the next field.

However today I discovered users were getting a bit frustrated because when they perform a FIND and enter a value and hit return, it advances and doesn't perform the Find they have to click the button in the toolbar.

I could have a separate set of fields ones that HIDE in browse and ones that HIDE in find mode. That is less then ideal.

So i unchecked the boxes now I have to add auto entry option to the offending fields with GetValue ( self ; 1 )

Curious what others do for this. 

• 3 weeks later...
On December 8, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Ocean West said:

So i unchecked the boxes now I have to add auto entry option to the offending fields with GetValue ( self ; 1 )

Curious what others do for this. 

Sorry to be late to the party (apt metaphor for this day), but I also use an auto-enter calc to clean up edit-box data entry.  I've recently begun using Debi Fuchs' Supertrim function, which, in addition to Returns, cleans up Tabs and Spaces quite elegantly.

This topic is 3011 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.