Crashing with filter formula

sal88

This topic is 3023 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

Since upgrading to FM14 we've experienced crashing (errors 1000 and 1026 in the error log). I thought perhaps it was to do with version 14 or .net or my scriptmaster plugin.

However it appears to be to do with a filter that I had in place for a portal. It was probably just a coincidence that I had so many records that it was referring to by the time I did the FM14 upgrade.

I can probably do without the portal altogether really, but was just curious as to what the problem might have been.

The filter formula was: Cases Closed::Closed_TimeStamp > (Get(CurrentDate) - 30)

The Cases Closed table has around 22,000 records.

Any ideas what's wrong with this?

Thanks

2 hours ago, sal88 said:

The Cases Closed table has around 22,000 records.

That doesn't mean anything. The real question is how many related records does any single parent record have. If it's more than several hundred, portal filtering is likely to be too slow for practical use. Still, I don't see why it should cause a crash.

Edited by comment

Unless I'm mistaken I believe the Cases Closed table is the child table. The layout's table is a single record table, and the portal points to the Cases Closed table via a simple join.

This topic is 3023 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.