Connecting to Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse

This topic is 3037 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have a client that maintains a fairly large data warehouse on Amazon's Redshift service.  We're now being asked to build a FileMaker solution that will access that data.  We have the FileMaker solution built (hosted on our own FileMaker Server 14 server) and we now need to access the data on Redshift.  Does anyone have experience connecting via ODBC to Redshift?  Is there any documentation on that yet?  We feel like we're close, but the Amazon documentation doesn't know about FileMaker, and the FileMaker ODBC documentation doesn't specifically mention Redshift so we think we're just missing something.

Advice on how to set up FileMaker to access Amazon Redshift via ODBC would be most appreciated.

I think you got some good answers on FileMaker's TechNet, correct?

As an FYI, when you cross post between forums, kindly indicate that in your post's title (use XPOST in there somewhere).  Many of us frequent many forums and it helps us out knowing that the same question is somewhere else. 

So sorry, Wim.  I'm not sure about proper etiquette in the two different forums.  I certainly want to do it right and fit in with the community.

I'll use XPOST to flag any cross posting, but how about some advice?  When is it more appropriate to use FileMaker's TechNet and when should I use FMforums?  Are the two audiences different (one more technical, for example, or one more Filemaker Corporate focused)?  I'd appreciate some guidance that would differentiate the two different venues.

It's always appropriate to use both at the same time.  Sometimes it is more a matter of personal preference.  Which forum you find the friendliest etc.

This one here is a little more focused I think, there is more "chatter" on the other one, a slightly higher "noise-to-info" ratio if you will.

If you want to report a reproducible bug then do it on the TechNet since they have an official section for it there.

This topic is 3037 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.