This topic is 3022 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

Im in deep trouble

I need help using scripts

I am making a homework managing app for a project and i have created a few fields; date due, subject, task, and task type

I need help on how to process this information and show computational thinking 

I need help in creating POP UPS!!

I am looking for something, when clicked on, pops up a screen showing the outstanding work when the user clicks on button 1 which has a date which has past . AND I'm also trying to make a button 2 which shows entries that are close to the next few days 

please help as soon as possible and suggest any features i can add to the homework manager and how to write the script for the buttons

Pop Up windows are pretty easy - the New Window script step deals with them... Making them work nicely on both Windows and Mac is bit harder.

First script would open a new window, then go to a relevant layout and search for dates before now.

Second script would open a new window, go to a relevant layout and search for a date range from today until x days in the future.

Given how similar those two functions are, I'd also investigate using a ScriptParameter to pass to a SINGLE script that then does a different search depending on the button pressed.

Welcome to the forums. Webko gave you a good start.

I'm not sure how much you already know. For example, if a calculation involves 'today' then Get(CurrentDate) is the function. Doing math with dates is very simple, just add or subtract an integer to/from a date.

I'd also suggest that if you're trying to make a kind of dashboard, you might want to do this with relationships and portals rather than buttons and scripted Finds.

I've moved your post to the Managing Scripts topic. Please try to ask one question at a time. You are more likely to get responses.

I just noticed that you posted the exact same question here:

https://community.filemaker.com/thread/152127

When you do this, please mark your posts as [XPOST] so that people don't waste their time writing duplicative answers.

I also noticed that you marked the answer there as "correct" even though it is specific to FileMaker 13 or higher. But here you set your user profile to FileMaker 11, so you got an answer relevant to that version. Please help us to help you by updating your profile to the version you're actually using.

This topic is 3022 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.