ScanLocalDirectory FTPeek 1.67 and FM14

This topic is 2526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In version 1.67 on FM14 i get unexpected result of ScanLocalDirectory. As result I get all subfolders and files within subfolders. Using Windows 7 enterprise, 64 bit, and also on Windows Server 2012 R2.  Using FM13 and version 1.642 I only get files within the chosen folder, no subfolders or files from subfolders.

Bug or feature?

• 1 year later...

I find this aspect of FTPeek unsatisfactory; a mistake by 360. The recursive nature of FTPeek_ScanLocalDirectory() needs a toggle.

I am using the plugin to adapt a system which moves files that were uploaded from a directory into a subdirectory, "Archive". I want to start with a listing of the files NOT in Archive, loop through them and upload them, then move them into Archive. To use FTPeek for this feature, I would have to restructure the file system, moving Archive to a different location.

Looks like instead I'll use the free BaseElements plugin: BE_ListFilesInFolder ( $moveSource; BE_FileType_File, False). The param "BE_FileType_File shows only files of the current folder. Its prototype: BE_ListFilesInFolder ( path {; type ; includeSubdirectories ; useFullPath } ). The includeSubdirectories param defaults to false, as should FTPeek's function. See: https://baseelementsplugin.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204700868-BE-ListFilesInFolder

This topic is 2526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.