Font Change by Itself

fed

This topic is 2992 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using FMPA13.  Recently, I noticed the layout font changed by itself, and messed up the formats on certain layouts that still look fine on FMGo.  Any ideas what may be going on?  I have tried to change UseSystemFormatsState, but it does not seem to work.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

That doesn’t help.

What does it say it the layout is in Layout Mode?

By chance Is this a Custom Theme you created?

What are the Font attributes. i.e. name of the font, size style, etc.

Is this a migrated file?

Lee

It is all out of the box.  No changes whatsoever.

Looks like Aspire Enlightened

Why would it change?  It was working fine, then all of a sudden, the font changed and no longer fit in the fields.  This happened before.  Then it went back to normal.  Now it is funny again.  Any ideas?

You didn’t answer my questions about the fonts.

Enlightened defaults to Arial - 12 - regular. If you have made any changes to these you can verify to see if this is causing the problem. Check the Inspector to verify that it is the same.

If it seem correct, check the fonts in the Font Book.app to see if there is a problem with the font.

You can also attach a copy of your file, or a Mockup of it for us see if we can recreate the problem.

I did in fact change the font size.  All are still Arial, but now various fields have different sizes.  The ones in question are set at 9.  But all seem to be another font, although they should be Arial.

As I mentioned, this occurred suddenly, without my changing it.  Also, the fonts display correctly on FMGo.

The Font Book app looks correct.

Any other ideas before I go through the rather long process of paring down the database to the problematic elements to send to you?

In the process of verifying the fonts, you noted that you have changed the size. If you don’t make these a new Style, they will revert to the default, like that. 

This is the one area of Styles that drives me nuts. Once you modify a font, you need to create a Style for them and then save the theme. Always a good idea to rename the Theme with a name. You might want to read this article that explains it better than I did.

Designing Layouts Using Themes & Styles

&

Converting from the Classic Theme Part 1: The Guts

and this will lead you to other articles.

HTH

Lee

I've tried to change and save styles.  It does not change anything.  I have also found the error occurs on a second MBP as well.  The fonts are fine at first, then after a bit, they mess up.

I'll make a test DB to send to you.

Here you go.  

In the process of removing things, not of the fields is now rendering in a different spot from where it is in edit mode.  I can't figure out what is going on there either.

Thanks for the help.

Font Issue.fmp12

The only thing that jumps out at me is, the Ticker field is 12 points and you have changed the Default to 9 points. 

Would suggest you rename your themes when you make changes like this. i.e.  MY_Enlighten or MY_Enlighten 9 pts, so that you can will recognize it when you need it or the original later. You can make multiple variations  of a theme, just be sure to name them so that you know which one is which.

I’m puzzled why you didn’t include the Related TO of Portfolio. It would have been helpful to see if it was influencing things too. I ended up make a TO for it, but It didn’t help. The information about Themes I posted earlier is well worth the read.

22 hours ago, fed said:

Sounds like a lot of work...

So, that is how you advance your skill level.

6 minutes ago, Lee Smith said:

The only thing that jumps out at me is, the Ticker field is 12 points and you have changed the Default to 9 points.

That is not where I am having an issue.  It is with the other fields.  Does it display correctly for you?  How about on FMGo?

7 minutes ago, Lee Smith said:

I’m puzzled why you didn’t include the Related TO of Portfolio. It would have been helpful to see if it was influencing things too. I ended up make a TO for it, but It didn’t help.

I don't know what you mean by TO.

8 minutes ago, Lee Smith said:

The information about Themes I posted earlier is well worth the read.

I read it all.  That is how I changed the theme and styles.

Any further advise to try?

1 hour ago, fed said:

That is not where I am having an issue.  It is with the other fields.  Does it display correctly for you?  How about on FMGo?

1 hour ago, Lee Smith said:

Yes, according to what you have said prior.

I don't know what you mean by TO

Table Occurrence.

P.S. I’m sending you a Private Message.

Edited by Lee Smith
p.s.

This topic is 2992 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.