Scripts drop down menu is greyed out

This topic is 2861 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess that I didn't get the memo -- just started using Filemaker 14.0.4 (not Advanced) having previously used Filemaker 13 Advanced and have the same issue. I have Admin Access, but after creating a Resource Scheduler (from the Startup Solutions) and adding a couple of scripts as a test, I can't access them from the Scripts menu. Instead I see the Scripts menu with greyed out options: "New Script, New Folder, New Separator, etc." The View menu has greyed out "Hide Scripts Pane, Hide Steps Pane, ..."

What did I miss?

Edited by doughogg

Hi Doug,

You should have created your own Thread for this. We have no way of knowing what was causing the OP’s problems, as they haven’t updated their post. My guess is that they are not aware of the FileMaker’s default access of Admin and no PW. 

You on the other hand might have shoot yourself in the foot.

10 hours ago, doughogg said:

adding a couple of scripts as a test, I can't access them from the Scripts menu.

I don’t think we have enough information, perhaps you can elaborate on what modifications you have made.

For starters, did you create a new set of access privileges as startup default?

What was the purpose of these “test" scripts, what steps were used? What were the test scripts supposed to do?

Any ScriptTriggers? http://www.filemaker.com/help/12/fmp/html/create_db.8.6.html

Feel free to add more information then this.

• 4 months later...

This has stumped me as well.

You might try...

"Show the scripts menu management" in the Scripts window. Click box to include the scripts in the folder.

The folder is still greyed out but you have access to the scripts.

This topic is 2861 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.