This topic is 2993 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Yes... I have Excel file, want to import into FM file but some fields are connected to other tables. like in Invoice, there is account field, Account is a field with lookup value.. even if I import it will not connect to the Account table... How can I solve this.. thank you for your feedback...

Actually it isn't that vague. Sheju wants to import into multiple tables at the same time to build the related records.

You can't do that in one step. Likely the easiest way to do this type of process is to create a table that is used just for importing. Bring the Excel file into that table. You then have to work your way through each record in this temporary table. You'll start with all of the "parent" data, go to the parent table, create a new record, record the primary key value and then set the fields as needed. The next step is to go to the child table(s) and create all of the records required there. As you've got the primary key value in a variable you set that into the foreign key field to build the relationship between parent and child tables.

When you do the set fields your lookups should trigger.

It's a lot of jumping around and looping but pretty straight forward. There are other methods too but you may find this the easiest. 

Hi Sheju,

Here is an article which helps you through that process.  It includes an example file as well.  And if you can, please go to your profile and update your information so we know your platform and FM version.  It will help us help you in the future.  :-)

Migration

This topic is 2993 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.