fmserverd not responding

This topic is 2974 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am running FMS 14.0.4. I have 16 gb installed ram on a dedicated mac server running 10.9.5 - I'm having 2 problems 1) fmserverd is not responding in activity monitor 2) I have noticed my server using most all of the 16gb of ram even sitting idle - Please help

yes users are complaining of slow performance - I have 25 users during the day - a couple at night - I have a two machine deployment with the Worker machine doing CWP - ram reserved for cache on server 14,000 - thanks Wim

The 14GB of FMS cache is why the memory looks "full'.  You don't need that much cache. Scale it back to 1 or 2GB.

What are the specs on that Mac?

Also: if you have not turned it on yet, enable the FMS statistics logging.  That will tell you where the performance bottleneck is across the 4 traditional ones: processing power, memo, disk i/o or network i/o

I have statistics logging turned on - scaled back cache ram - mac is a Mac Tower - 2.8 ghz quad-core intel xeon - 16 gig ram running 10.9.5 - 1T HD half full - what statistics should I be interested in checking? thx

17 hours ago, JLanclos said:

what statistics should I be interested in checking? thx

All of them really because at this point we don't know what the bottleneck is, and the stats all together will paint a complete picture.

But for now look closely at the "elapsed time per call" and "wait time per call".  Assuming that your stats interval is still the default 30 seconds: note how many times and for  how long the numbers for either of those go up to 30,000,000.

This topic is 2974 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.