Mixed FMP 13/14 environment

This topic is 2973 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

At my small legal practice, both my paralegal and I access an FM database (v13, but .fm12) hosted by a hosting company (ODI).  Currently each of us access the database with an FMP 13 client.  I will be migrating to FM 14 (kicking myself for not buying the buy one get one free back in Dec).

I typically do testing on my Mac, before upgrading hers.  Therefore, is there any issue with me accessing the database with FMP (or FMA) 14, and her with FMP 13?  I'm thinking not, since the database is still the same.  I'm not upgrading the database to use any FM14-only (UI) functionality until we're both upgraded.

I have had numerous issues since upgrading to FM14...I am running windows 10 now, but I have also installed it on 4 different computers running windows 7,8 and now 10.  360scribe Plug does not work.  I have an export Scripts that will not work in FM14, containers with pdfs were interactive, but now it exports the file when i go to a page with a container, etc..Has anyone else had similar issues?

Plugins are to be expected: FM14 is now 64-bit (from 32-bit in FM13) and requires equivalent 64-bit plugins.   You can of course still install the 32-bit version of FM14 if your OS is not 64-bit so your scripts that install the plugins need to branch accordingly.

Export script: should make no difference; what is not working with it.

Interactive Containers: don't think I've heard about that issue... can you replicate that in a test file?

Hi Wim, thank you for answering.

I am running two computers now, one with FM13 and one with FM14 (32 bit).  I had FM 14 - 64 bit installed before, so I need to see if I am still having some of the same issues now that I have installed the 32 bit version.  My computer is 64 bit

For the export script, it works fine in FM13 but in FM14, I am getting this message

This is the script:

I will look at the other issues now that I have the 32 bit installed.

It does not look like the snips came thru....so I have attached them.

Thanks

fmscript.PNG

FMexportMSG.PNG

Now that I have switched to FM14 32 bit, the container works like it did before.

The last thing to resolve will be the plug in.  I had downloaded the latest 360scribe plug in when I was using FM14 64 bit...it had asked me to update java...which I did and I was still getting the message to update java...

java, just like the plugins depends on the right version.  Since your machine is 64-bit it will have the 64-bit version of java, but you need the 32-bit version if your FM is 32-bit.  So you'll have to manually download that one and install it.

Having said all of that, I would strongly urge you to stick to 64-bit FM and fix the issues that come up.  It's the way forward.

Wim, I started with 64 bit, spent hours with both Filemaker and 360works - with no solution.  I downloaded the latest java plug in due to the message I received when I tried to use the 360works scribe plug in.  Nothing seemed to work.

FM14 still is not optimum to the performance I had before switching from FM13  to FM14...do you know why the export function gives me that message.  I have had the message before when in FM13 IF and only if the file was open.  But now, in FM14 I get the message even though the file is closed.  When I use FM13, there are no issues.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated. 

32 minutes ago, cherndon said:

do you know why the export function gives me that message. 

I don't but that seems like a fairly simple thing to fix.  I would start with inserting a file from that share and seeing what the syntax looks like and see if there are any differences.

Thanks Wim, I recreated the script in FM14 and it works.  The only difference between the two happens to be FM14 the script is using the mapped drive name instead of the actual name of the server that I originally had in the script..but is working now.  Thanks for the help.

This topic is 2973 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.