Publish Database to Website

This topic is 2934 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any solutions to host a FileMaker Database on my website. I currently have my website hosted on x9Internet. I have looked at filemaker hosting websites but would like to pay an annual fee as opposed to a monthly fee.

If anyone has any other options for creating a database without FileMaker and hosting it online please advise.

Thanks

Hi Conor

If you enable WebDirect on your FileMaker Pro server then your users will be able to connect with web browsers, assuming you made your server visible to them on the internet. Each of these connections require a 'connection' license on FileMaker Server.

FileMaker Server comes with one 'free' connection license, you can buy more in packs of five. Each simultaneously connected user will need a license, though you can set them to time out fairly quickly of you want to restrict the number of simultaneously connected users.

You can read more about it at http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12504/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ1Njc1NzkyOC9zaWQvQUE1SHRpS20%3D

Pretty much.  You can choose basically between:

- installing FM Pro on all clients

- or use WebDirect --> make sure you understand the hardware requirements and design implications

(or use the FM's XML or ODBC/JDBC api and write your own client)

• 1 month later...

This topic is 2934 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.