Count total Value no.of each list items in particular field

samarthmkt

This topic is 2938 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Friends,

Here I am in project for Employees Attendance. Everything is ok only I could not figure out to filter the portal table month wise. At present it is in All transactions records. I have distribute the portal by tab control for all months. Here I want report of records month wise. And also it can calculate the  values of each status (Present by 1 no., Absent by 1 no., Half Day by 0.5 and extra day by 0.5). I have tried as per my best but could not reach to point. I am attaching small demo file .

Samarth Attendance.rar

Capture1.PNG

Put a calculation field in AttendanceDetail called MonthNum that = Month ( Months_Attendance::MthDate ) and returns a number.

Then in the portal filter thus....AttendanceDetail_Employee::MonthNum = 1 for january

Edited by Kris M

1 hour ago, Kris M said:

Put a calculation field in AttendanceDetail called MonthNum that = Month ( Months_Attendance::MthDate ) and returns a number.

Then in the portal filter thus....AttendanceDetail_Employee::MonthNum = 1 for january

I don't quite see the point of adding an extra calculation field, when you can make the filtering expression reference the date field directly:

Month ( Months_Attendance::MthDate ) = 1

That's assuming this is what the question is about, which I am not at all sure of. And it would show records from January of any year, which I suspect is not the wanted result.

Hello Friends,

Thanks for your valuable tips on above ask solution help. I have put the above reference tips in filter expression in LayEmployees ------- January Tab control Portal Table --- Filter portal records. After applying no any records are showing in January tab control portal table. I think so may be some missing structure in table occurrence relationship my me. I have made permutation but not get any results to get only all records of January month in January tab control portal table. As for February month records should be display in February tab control portal table and so on up to December month. Another how can I count the sum of Present status, Absent Status, Half Day Status and extra days status of the particular month. (Present and Absent will be of 1.0 count value as well as Half Day and Extra Days will be of 0.5 counts.

Hope I will get my solutions from your experienced expertisations.

Hello friend ,

I want help how to count total no of each value list item in the particular field. Here in field I have four different value list items (Present , Absent , Half Day , Extra Days.) I have to calculate total no present no , total no of absent no ,total no. of half day no and total no of extra days no in particular record no (January) and so on for further record of related month name. For calculation result Present  and absent object will count as 1.0 and for extra days and half day calculation result will be 0.5

Att 1.PNG

Att2.PNG

This topic is 2938 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.