Allow Table Sort Menu items selectively

xochi

This topic is 2897 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In Table view, if the user's Privilege set has "Available Menu Commands" set to "Editing Only" then they can not sort fields by clicking the table column header (the "Sort Ascending" and "Sort Descending" popup menu items are missing).

I've tried installing a custom menu set that has the "Sort" menu item available, but "Editing Only" seems to override this.

If I use a Custom Menu Set and also set Available Menu Commands to "All" then the Sort Ascending and Sort Descending popups are available in Table View, but the user also gets access to a bunch of confusing / dangerous options such as "Add Leading Grand Summary" and others.

Is there way to tweak this?  I want users to be locked out of all features in Table View except for Sorting by clicking the table headers.

Edited by xochi

3 hours ago, Ocean West said:

it's not ideal - but you could in table view show header parts and add scripted buttons they could click to perform the sort.

Definitely not ideal, but it will probably get the job done in the short term.

I do wonder if there's some magical combination of settings I could have to make it work properly however.  

This topic is 2897 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.