34South

Container export to IOS Photo app?

2 posts in this topic

I have developed a solution for IOS devices which also utilizes scripts that facilitate importing of GPS coordinates and especially photos from the device, i.e. iPhone or iPad, within FMGo. Although I have scripted the possibility of emailing images originally captured by the solution outside of the solution, there does not seem to be a possibility for exporting the captured image to the Photos app and thus pushing them to the iCloud. I know one could first capture the image in the Camera app and then import it into a container within the solution, but this distracts from the all-in-one nature of my solution, where quick image capture is paramount. Ideally, the user would use the solution to capture the image and related contextual data, but also elect to save such an image in the Photo app at a later stage to permit sharing it to social media apps, for example.

I'm fairly advanced, having used FM since the Claris days.

I guess the App extensions addition to FMGo 15 accommodates saving to the Photos app, as well as direct sharing to FB/Pinterest/Twitter etc., although still not scriptable.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Bigun
      So here's the tech involved:
      Microsoft SQL 2014 FileMaker Server 14 FileMaker Pro 15 IIS/PHP The project involves submitting information via web form into the SQL database and then viewing it in a FileMaker portal connected to the database via ODBC.  I've done this before, no big deal... except one feature that was thrown at me.
      Ability to submit images through the web portal and view them through FileMaker I've done image submittal via PHP before, but viewing them in FileMaker is a new one.  I've seen some stuff on converting the images to BASE64 then converting them back in a FileMaker container field, but the information was several years old and I'm checking to see if there was any more modern way to handle it; and if it still needs to be done that way, I need some clarification on how to accomplish this.
    • By tomp
      I have an FM  GO application that opens and runs on one ipad but not on another.
      What might be the issue?
      FM GO just spins when trying to open the file; other files provided with FM GO (e,g, contacts.fmp12) open just fine.
    • By tom robinson
      I've been testing a  FM14 file  on FMgo15 and when a layout is displayed I find no selection icons     or   ?
      how to choose another layout without a scripted button ?

• By Goons
      Really new to using FileMaker Go 15 and can't seem to find the way to copy files to the device so I can input data while offline.

• By Oyseka
      Hi All, I am developing a system to produce, among other things, Quotations and Job Cards in a mixed FMP and iOS environment. One to the problems was the lack of support for autocomplete of drop down lists in iOS which I have tried to get round, with the help of this community, by using a filter from a cartesian join relationship. I now find that when more than one person is creating a quote on a mobile device from the hosted file that you may end up with other peoples input in your QuoteItems table for the quote you were creating. Can any one tell me how to change the relationship ,(design), to stop this.
      On a desktop system the flow is:
      From the Customer - create Quote - Quotation Table
      In the Quotation Table use the portal into QuoteItems to select the Department, Product and Quantity