Way to hardcode a single TO to sync in the Sync with server script?

This topic is 2904 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a solution that syncs at the end of a "shift". The shift report says what happened during the shift. But I want to add a time card component that syncs when anyone starts work and ends work which doesn't always match the "shift" that one or two guards are covering. So, I want to keep the main Sync with Server script intact for the end of shift report but I want to dupe it, rename it and hardcode it to sync one or maybe 2 tables only. Since there will be only 1 or 2 records it should be fast.  That way the timecards are always up to date and the shift reports are sent as a whole.

I'm going to try and edit line 4 of "Sync with Server" to look for a Table Occurrence that starts with "ESS" and rename those Table Occurrences to start with "ESS." Not sure it would  work with "ESS_PUSH_Etc"?

Any thoughts on that or is there a better way of doing this?

Dan

I think that sounds like a good method. Also, since it sounds like you just want to push those records, you could remove the pull and sync check portions of the duplicated sync script. That should speed things up even more.

I like the idea of using "ESS_" rather than hardcoding the TO names because it will be easier to add or remove tables from the streamlined sync.

This topic is 2904 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.