2016 FMP icon Pack for Mac

This topic is 2787 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

ROCKIN' ... I was hoping you'd come out with this!  Amazing that FMI leaves the icon almost identical (at least same color) as the prior version.  Thank you for doing what FMI should have done!  :-)

Precisely!  Notice the icon pack, presented by Rivet, how each version is strikingly different?!  Like, DOH, FMI.  :wink3:

I keep every version, like most developers, so we can test behavior differences so it really helps if they are quite different.

How to make Filemaker use this icon Rivet?  I try but it wants to open the 15+ icon like it is data.  I get info on the app and drag the icon to Preview.  What else to try please? I also tried to get info on a  alias but same result.

If you double click one of the icons the following instructions are inside.

How to use this icon:

Step 1: Copy the icon to the clipboard
a) Click on this file from the Finder
b Choose 'Get Info' from the 'File' menu.
c) In the info window that pops up, click on the icon
d) Choose 'Copy' from the 'Edit' menu.
e) Close the info window

Step 2: Paste the icon to the desired item
a) Go to the item in the Finder that you want a custom icon
b Click the item (file, folder, disk, etc) 
b Choose 'Get Info' from the 'File' menu.
c) In the info window that pops up, click on the icon
d) Choose 'Paste' from the 'Edit' menu.
e) Close the info window

Step 3: 
Enjoy your newly customized icon!

For more thorough directions, see Apple's website at:
http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/customize/6/

Edited by rivet
  • Like 1

Charity, on Mac, don't click on the preview icon - click on the FMI icon at the very top in Get Info.  If it is Windows, I do not know, sorry.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2016 at 1:31 PM, LaRetta said:

Charity, on Mac, don't click on the preview icon - click on the FMI icon at the very top in Get Info.  If it is Windows, I do not know, sorry.

I thought I could do an easy conversion to make these compatible for Windows but it is actually not as easy as I thought it would be.  Apple uses an icns format and windows uses an ico format.  I found a few converters but they didn't seem to like the files.  If rivet provided png version I have a program that would convert that to ico format.

• 3 months later...

Hi Stephanie!  Welcome to FMForums!  

Yep, we ALL really appreciate the icons Rivet has provided.  It is too bad that FMI does not pay attention because we would all appreciate a strong color-difference between versions for easy identification.  I know it has been submitted to FMI many times.

Again, welcome.  :smile3:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.