Rebuilding Dependencies

This topic is 2890 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Many times, there are smaller tweaks which have taken place in a new version which are not specifically posted in the 'new features' section.

Simple curiosity to understand ... when I open a file in 15 and go into Manage Database and then exit again, sometimes FM displays 'rebuilding dependencies' even if nothing has changed, I've simply opened it and closed again.  Can anyone explain what behavior change in 15 might trigger this action?  Thank you!

Hi Lee!

It happens with many files when first opening then closing Manage Database and has been reported by another developer (on Windows) as well so it doesn't seem to be platform- nor file-specific and must have to do with changes in 15 itself.  The next time it happens, I'll grab a backup of the file and see if I can upload it here.

There are other 'undocumented' changes as well, such as Stephen's post about Get ( ActivePortalRow ) when used as an auto-enter calculation which suggests the order of evaluation may have changed (just my wild conjecture at this point since it isn't actually Get ( ActivePortalRow) which breaks but only if it is in an auto-enter calculation).  Sometimes these subtle tweaks behind the scenes can make major differences in a solution.  I wish FMI would produce a full ChangeLog for us instead of just the major enhancements; it would sure help.

This topic is 2890 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.