Send Mail via SMTP fails on WebDirect

Gerry

This topic is 2878 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an application where the registrant receives a confirmation email via SMTP.  The database is FM 14 hosted on a FM Server.  The Send Mail works fine in FM Pro but I get the message 'The Email(s) Failed to Send Successfully'.  I have tried running the script on the server as well with the same result.

Code:

[Script]

Perform Script on Server [Wait for completion; "ActivationEmail"; Parameter: List ( Get ( AccountName) ; Get ( FileName) )

[ActvationEmail]

Send Mail [Send via SMTP Server; No dialog; To: MiddleValues ( Get ( ScriptParameter ) ; 1 ; 1 ); Subject: "Email Verification";

Message: "Click the link below to activate your account.¶¶ "&"http://fmserver/webd#"&Substitute (MiddleValues ( Get ( ScriptParameter ) ; 2 ; 1 );¶;"")&"?script=VerifyEmail&param="&MiddleValues ( Get ( ScriptParameter ) ;1 ; 1 )

I've been reading that the Send Mail function doesn't work on WebDirect with the No Dialog option.  Is there a work around?  How can I send an email to the registrant so they can activate their logon?

You can send via SMTP from WebDirect:

"FileMaker WebDirect also does not support the Perform without dialog option when sending mail via an email client." 

Which would indicate that something else is the issue - I'd check that the parameter is being passed in correctly, and write some error trapping around the script to work out exactly what...

This topic is 2878 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.