New record/request doesn't put cursor in first field

This topic is 2841 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I want to create a script trigger which opens a layout based on account name ,create new record and put cursor in first field of the new record

Now, I was able to direct user to specific layout and also created new record using New Record/Request function but somehow it doesn't put cursor in the first field , instead it selects whole record .

Note: I also have script triggers attached to first and second field which runs on exiting the fields. (I don't think they affect anyways , but just mentioned to give idea)

This is quite confusing.

1 hour ago, dav1089 said:

I want to create a script trigger which opens a layout based on account name ,create new record and put cursor in first field of the new record

A script trigger does none of these things. A script trigger triggers a script - and the script does the actions mentioned.

I was able to direct user to specific layout and also created new record using New Record/Request function but somehow it doesn't put cursor in the first field , instead it selects whole record .

There is no such thing as "selects whole record" - only one field can be active at a time. After creating a new record, the cursor goes automatically to the first field in the layout's tab order. If you don't see it there, then either you don't have any fields in the layout's tab order, or you have something extra going on that takes the cursor out of that field.

Edited by comment

instead it selects whole record

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 3.56.43 PM.png

When script runs, it just highlights the whole record instead of putting cursor in first field

In Layout Mode:

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 4.00.14 PM.png

My Script Steps: (This script is triggered "OnFirstWindowOpen" Trigger)

Screen Shot 2016-06-06 at 4.01.18 PM.png

Edited by dav1089

16 hours ago, webko said:

And that field allows data entry?

Yes it does, it's a foreign key text field, you see in above image the first line of record which has "NONDKT" value, but when script ran it added new record but didn't put cursor in the first field

18 minutes ago, webko said:

Well, my experience differs from yours then - the following definitely works for me:

This works fine when I don't put the new record script step on firstwindowopen trigger and put it on onlayoutenter ...

This topic is 2841 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.