Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Value List / Pop-up menu issue

This topic is 2873 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Guys,

I seem to be having a very strange issue with a value list and pop-up menu and hope someone might have a workaround or fix?

I have created a solution to manage a budget. The solution uses a dynamic value list to add category, sub-category etc. The way I have set it up is my category and subcategory value is stored as an ID from another table and a pop-up menu then shows only the second value (list name). What I have found however is when I have 2 records with different ID's but the list name for example (Income > "Business" ) and (Expenses > "Business" ) the pop-up menu will not display the second record list name (Expenses > "Business" ) it will only show the ID. This seems to be because both records have the same name "Business".

I have quickly made up a simple demo file to show exactly what is happening.

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

popup issue.fmp12

• Newbies

Hi Again,

So I have managed a work around using a calculation field to grab the related list name which seems to work fine.

I do still find it strange that the pop-up menu can't populate the second field name if it has duplicate data. Perhaps its a FM bug?

What exactly is the DB trying to do?  When I'm on Issue Layout, what is suppose to happen? What does an 'Issue Layout' record suppose to represent?

The reason I ask is that the 2 tables aren't related, so I don't know what goal you are trying to accomplish.

This topic is 2873 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.