This topic is 2769 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am trying to trouble shoot a "New Record" script we run.  I am not sure how to explain it properly but apparently me and the gentleman I am developing with when we run this script, the script creates the "New Record".

However, when the customer clicks on the button and the script runs, the new record step seems to be ignored ??  I'v removed all restrictions on this user and they are now logging in with "Full Access" privilege, thinking that their privilege set / custom menu set may be the cause but even with "Full Access" the script still "Ignores" this "Create New Record" script step ??

I've turn on the "Set Error" step to catch the error but no error pops ??

So, I am at a loss as to what to do next.  

They are only having this issue on two table.  The material table and the contacts table.  Every other table we create a new records step the script works fine ??

Any suggestions I would be grateful.

Thank you.

:-)

Edited by Mr. Ignoramus

Turning "set error capture [on]" actually will not make any errors pop up; it means you have to trap for the error and handle.

I second siroos12's suggestion; if you run the script line by line, what error do you see logged at the new record stop?

Siroos12,

They are in Canada I'm in the US ... so no, I am not able to trouble shoot in this fashion at the moment.  I am looking into the possibility of sending some there from Canada.

Wim Decorte, I have been using the Set Error Capture to [Off] since this stops the pop up when no records are found.  The customer isn't interested in these pop ups.  Anyway, I see ... so I should be able to show the error if there is one in a message box, gotcha :-)

Thank you.

8 hours ago, Mr. Ignoramus said:

Siroos12,

They are in Canada I'm in the US ... so no, I am not able to trouble shoot in this fashion at the moment.  I am looking into the possibility of sending some there from Canada.

Wim Decorte, I have been using the Set Error Capture to [Off] since this stops the pop up when no records are found.  The customer isn't interested in these pop ups.  Anyway, I see ... so I should be able to show the error if there is one in a message box, gotcha :-)

Thank you.

Just a shoot in the dark,

Why don't you use remote desktop or Team viewer free version to access their PC? This how I normally help my clients. I even install a Filemaker Pro Advanced on their system if they don't have it already and I uninstall it when I am done.

I will be able to help in this way if it helps at all.

Let me know please.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Seroos12,

Thank you, TeamViewer is allowing me to work in my customer computer ...

Wim Decorte,

So far we have not be able to produce an "ERROR".  Meaning, I am running "FM Advance" and we see no "Error" bottom left script window.

Looking through "TeamView" from my computer clicking the button creates the record every time.  When the customer clicks the button on their machine the "New Record" script step doesn't create the records and there is no error ??  So to me the record should be there.  When I perform a "Find" for "TEST" I find no records.  I tried looking for empty records but no empty records are created either.

We discovered by accident that we were able to create the record when the customer clicked the button on the third try, "Test 1 - No Error", "Test 2 - No Error", "Test 3 - No Error", when we perform a find on "Test" we only find "Test 3" ?  

Please see attached script, maybe I am error capturing incorrectly, if someone could check this I would be grateful.

Thank you.

NewMaterialScript.pdf

This topic is 2769 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.