Format data like a spreadsheet

This topic is 2864 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a business unit within my company for whom I set up a quick time tracking database about 6 months ago based on the time tracking system that my business unit has been using for years. After their "pilot" usage, they sent me back this graphic of what they want the interface to look like. It's a spreadsheet. Really. I'm super frustrated. I don't even know where to post this. I don't know why they don't just use a spreadsheet if they want a spreadsheet.

What I would like to do (after my top 3 completely unprofessional responses) is either refer them to an existing product that someone has already developed that looks like this OR find out if there's a relatively simple way to set up something like this in FileMaker. Did I mention this is all a "favor" that I'm expected to do at no cost, and aside from my normal workload? Right now I can't even begin to wrap my head around how to do something like this. One record with the Project, Task, Notes, and then one field per day of the week for hours to be entered?

Grateful for any suggestions!

SampleDisplay.gif

Well, the look is easy to achieve using either a list view or a portal. The real question here, IMHO, is what would be behind those 7 day columns, in terms of data structure. And that depends on what they intend to do with this data after it has been entered. Assuming they will never want to break it down to individual dates, you could simply use a repeating field with 7 repetitions.

This topic is 2864 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.