FM11 wants password

This topic is 2835 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been using FM 11 for Mac for the last couple of years. I have a couple of databases.

Today, for the first time ever, my master database, which has always opened automatically when double clicked, is asking me for an Account and password.

It is suggesting my home account, however the password for my home account is not working. I have tried all the possible passwords I can think of, but I cannot get into my file except as a guest and then I cant make any changes.

I have no idea why this has suddenly happened. I never asked to password protect that file, I always just double clicked it and it opened right up. I have a second database and that one opens up correctly. When I look at the File/options, I see that it is checked not to require any password. So should the one I cant open.

Can anybody help me?

P.S. When open this database as a guest account I see that in File/options it says the Account is Admin with no password. Unfortuantely that also will not open it for modifying. 

14 minutes ago, jockm said:

I see that in File/options it says the Account is Admin with no password.

No, what you see is that the file will try and login automatically using "Admin" as the account name, and an empty string as the password. That doesn't mean that those credentials are valid.

Further to what I wrote earlier. I have copied my file onto a stick and opened it from FileMaker 11 Advanced on my MacBook pro machine and it opens perfectly normally. I can see from the file options that indeed it is set to Admin with no password.

Apparently something has happened to my application on my MacBook air, where it is requesting a password and an account from only this particular database. My other databases open normally without any window requesting a password. Weird.

This topic is 2835 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.