Sign in to follow this  
Luis C. Urbina G

Manage User Accounts without give Administrator Rights

Hi Everyone

I develop a FM-close-solution and I like that a selected user in the company, maybe The Manager or wherever can manage the user accounts, Adding, Deleting or modifing user in the FM-Solution like like me ("Admin"), but without Full-Access rights can do. I want that this user can not modify layouts, see scripts and see all my work.

In this moment they need call me when they need do it, but in the future I want give to them the possibility of manage the users without me. Is Possible using FM Manage Security or I need develop something that do it?

Thanks.

Wim Decorte    455

If your solution is hosted on a FileMaker Server you should look into External Authentication.  It's there specifically for this.  The account management happens completely outside of the solution.

IdealData    22

You should look at scripting this feature. Then you can set the script to "Run with full access privileges" which will allow all the account management script steps to run as though the user was full admin.

TKnTexas    0

Does the scripting of security work in a Runtime?  I am not sure if I am doing it wrong or it does not work.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By hi-voltage
      What is Code-X?
      Code-X is a free FileMaker Developer Tool that lets you restrict features within your own demo FileMaker Solutions and unlocking them for paying customers with license codes.
      We used to charge AU$450 (US$350) for Code-X but are now giving it away for free to the FileMaker community.
      So what can you do with Code-X?
      Add 30-day trial periods Restrict features within your demo solutions Limit the number of records unregistered users can create Limit the number of users that can use your solution Create different tiered licenses such as Basic and Pro Add nag dialogs to prompt unregistered users to register Lock your paid solution to a device to prevent piracy Generate and issue license codes that unlock your FileMaker solutions for paying customers More Information
      To download the latest version, or for more information visit:
      FileMaker Developer Tool - Code-X
      Code-X was developed by Hi-Voltage, you can visit our site here:
      FileMaker Programer Melbourne
      Checkout our other FileMaker related products and services here:
      FileMaker Products and Services

• By hi-voltage

View File Code-X - FREE FileMaker Developer Tool
      What is Code-X?
      Code-X is a free FileMaker Developer Tool that lets you restrict features within your own demo FileMaker Solutions and unlocking them for paying customers with license codes.
      We used to charge AU$450 (US$350) for Code-X but are now giving it away for free to the FileMaker community.
      So what can you do with Code-X?
      Add 30-day trial periods Restrict features within your demo solutions Limit the number of records unregistered users can create Limit the number of users that can use your solution Create different tiered licenses such as Basic and Pro Add nag dialogs to prompt unregistered users to register Lock your paid solution to a device to prevent piracy Generate and issue license codes that unlock your FileMaker solutions for paying customers More Information
      To download the latest version, or for more information visit:
      FileMaker Developer Tool - Code-X
      Code-X was developed by Hi-Voltage, you can visit our site here:
      FileMaker Programer Melbourne
      Checkout our other FileMaker related products and services here:
      FileMaker Products and Services

Submitter hi-voltage Submitted 03/21/2017 Category Solutions FM Version FM Version: Not Applicable  
    • By drrehak
      greetings all!  A question for the network security gurus: I have Supercontainer running in standalone mode.  My router has port forwarding to the machine (Mac-mini).  My credit card vendor requires security IP address scans and I am failing due to the port forwarding on the router.  what is best practice?  I am using a router flashed with Tomato Shibby.
    • By Scott Pon
      Hi All. 
      I'm trying to understand how this works in my environment.  We have Filemaker 13 Server, with FM Pro and FM Pro Adv clients.  We are in a Windows Server 2012 Domain.  
      So if I get an Ipad and connect it to the network, then download and install FM go, how does it connect to the FM server?  will there be a problem with the Domain? The Ipad doesn't join the domain. Since it isn't joined, it also wouldn't be able to access the fileserver to view PDFs on the fileserver.  is this correct?
      Extra question non-FM.  What concern do you have with the Ipad being hacked?  The Ipad would be on the network (even if it didn't get fileserver access).  It could cause a security issue.  
      thanks, not sure if I'm correct on these things.  so let me know if I'm wrong.
      Scott
    • By mbarrett65
      I currently have a Filemaker 15 solution running on Filemaker Server 15 Advanced. We are currently accessing the solution on Webdirect via VPN connection. I would like to open ports 80/443 so that users could access the solution without connecting to VPN. However, my IT department has flagged security concerns. My question is how real the security concerns are. I know that Filemaker Server 15 Advanced should be encrypting the data. Would that make a non-VPN connection secure? Thanks for any advice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.