Sign in to follow this  
Reed

FMS 13 Slow External Auth?

Reed    2

I recently installed FMS13, after uninstalling FMSA12 from my test server, and since doing that, I've noticed that there's a significantly longer delay that happens when authenticating with AD accounts than there used to be.  This happens whether using FMP clients or with Webdirect.  I see this ~5-10 second delay about 40-60% of the time when I connect to one of my databases employing AD authentication.  The same databases didn't have this when using FMSA12 on the test server, nor do they have this delay on our production FMSA12 server.  I'd like to know if anyone else is seeing this, and if there's a way around this prior to going live in production with FMS13.

Thanks,

Dana

I have heard no other reports about this.  A few things to check:

1.  Have you rebooted the database server after all of these changes?

2.  Is the database server still connected to the network exactly as it was before the change to Server 13?

3.  Are you noticing any other latency on the network when connecting to the Server 13 machine?

4.  Is the server clock showing the same time as the Active Directory domain controller's clock?

Steven

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By shencearn
      macOS Sierra Version 10.12.5
      trying to install FileMaker Server 14 with Web Server & PHP. I need web publishing enabled. I checked PHP and Yes, install the FileMaker server version of PHP.
      I get this error. Test web server (http://127.0.0.1:80/fmi-test/test.xml): Connection refused
      I have no idea where to start troubleshooting. I read through https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/14/en/fms14_getting_started.pdf and nothing helped.
      Please help. Its appreciated.
    • By jrich4411
      Good evening people.  As the title states, I am a complete newbie to FileMaker Pro.  I've done some fairly extensive work with Excel, but this is my first experience with databases.
      For now, I'm looking for advice and suggestions.  I promise I will have plenty of "how do I... " questions later, but for now I need to pick a direction to go in with my new project.  I've spent a bunch of hours viewing Intro to FileMaker tutorials on YouTube and I've experimented with creating a couple test databases.  If this is not the correct forum for this question, please let me know.
      So, my wife and daughter are heavily involved with riding horses.  I've been drafted into being on the Board of Directors for our state Quarter Horse Association (Quarter Horse is a breed like Thoroughbred or Clydesdale).   The first thing I discovered is that they have NO association membership database of any sort.   What they do have is simply a file folder of applications for members, one folder for each year.  Me being an I.T. geek by trade, I know there is a better way.  I've at least entered the info into a spreadsheet (my specialty) so we have the info electronically to be able to reference current membership status during our shows.
      I wish to create a database for the membership, which I've done so far.  It has basic info - name, address, etc.  I have an ID field that automatically increments with each record - seems to be a strong recommendation in the tutorials I watched.  I have a field that combines the first & last name fields which I plan on using for looking up membership info, sending renewals, etc later.  I also have a membership year field and here comes my first question.  When I renew a member for the new year, I want to keep the previous year's record in the database - should I ever want to print a report for 2016 membership in 2019 for instance, I can.  So I figure I need a static member ID field that is separate from the record ID field I already have that can be linked to another database which will hold that member's horse information.   Is it possible to have a field that will increment serially when I add a new member but will copy from the previous year's info when I renew a member for a new year?  
      I'm looking for any and all suggestions - links to videos that might help - suggestions for a better way of accomplishing my goal, anything at all.   I'm not a programmer so I don't have that background FYI.
      Thanks!

Jon
    • By eljefejb
      I have installed FMS16 and FMPA16 locally on my Mac Pro (running El Cap) for testing purposes.  The admin console doesn't seem to be showing the correct information.  It is always listing connections that are no longer present, even after having restarted the server via command line, removing the file, etc.  After uploading a new file to the server, the new file doesn't appear in the admin console, but can be listed via command line.  Access also works by web direct, etc.
      Anyone else having issues with the admin console on FMS16?  What did you do about it?  My computer just got all the latest available system updates last Friday, so that shouldn't be the problem.
      Thanks!
    • By fileman922
      Hello
      we use filemaker server 15 and some macs takes long to upload an image in the container field, it takes about a minute to insert 100kb image.... when using filemaker server 14 it does not happend.... what could be the problem? 
    • By Richard Fincher
      Hi all,

I recently upgraded my Filemaker Server 13 to Filemaker Server 14.
      To get the new version to install, I had to downgrade my Java8 from u113 to u67 (separately installing the old Java version, not allowing the FMS installer to install Java itself).  I also had to fiddle around to make sure it was running the httpd which comes with FMS and not the one bundled with Mac OS X El Capitan.
      My question is, am I now save to upgrade Java back to the latest version.  I'm not anticipating needing to install FMS14 anytime soon, but does the "Deployment" part of FMS use Java, and if so, is it similar fussy about which version?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.