Thanks for your reply and your thoughts. I couldn't find a software which fits my needs, so I have to build my own solution. The costs aren't irrelevant but not decisive. With FileMaker I will be much more flexible now and in the future, if I'm going to modify or extend my database. I can change, move or add whatever I need. I can build a user-friendly, easy to use software. With commercial or Open Source products I'm always limited and you shouldn't underestimate the effort to adapt such a solution to your own needs.
Except VLAN Tagging I need further information like
- Where is the Switch located (building and room)
- Wich device is connected to which switch port
- Where are the corresponding network sockets located (building, floor, room, exact position)
- Possibility to add documentation, notes and pictures
- Integration with my inventory (a FileMaker solution)
By the way, I'm already using The HP Intelligent Management Center Software (IMC Basic w/50-node E-LTU) to monitor and manage ProCurve switches.