Jump to content

Tohny

Members
  • Content Count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Tohny

  • Rank
    member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Warrenton, Oregon
  1. Ahhh thank you for the information. I added a blank record and all the scripts started working. I ungrouped the previous and next button and was able to see your hide and unhide code, thank you. But I was still having the same problem with the viability, but walking through your suggestions fixed it. Turns out when I added another field to the portal, to test it out, as soon as I adjusted the size of the fullName field it stated showing up! I have no idea why changing the size of a field would suddenly make it appear but its all working perfectly. Especially when the field was we
  2. Hello eos, I love your file, It does exactly what I need it to. Right now I'm attempting to recreate it inside my database. The things I have done: 1. Copied over your scripts and changed every name in each script to match my database. 2. I have linked all the tables together exactly how you have them in the relationship editor. 3. I have set every script trigger, page trigger, button and conditional formatting that I could find to what you have. The problems I'm having are: 1. The names are not showing up inside the portals. 2. Whenever I click on a letter at the top it pops
  3. Yes! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you very very much.
  4. If I used 4 side by side portals how would I handle the carry over? i.e. when column 1 fills up start putting results in column 2? I took a look at the samples you provided in the link. Those are really cool. Thats exactly the behavior I was hoping for, but I wasn't able to figure a way of having a list of names in the column, it only lets you display a single result in each column. Thank you for your help!
  5. Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to have a list view that fills a column, but when it gets to the end of the window in that column, instead of a scroll bar it populates a second, third, or forth column. If it fills all four columns it would go onto a new page. You would be able to filter the results by last name by clicking a letter at the top. I made a mock up describing what I was hoping for. Thank you for you help!
  6. Sweet, Thank you for all your help! I'll go research Join Tables now!
  7. Thank you for the heads up on naming, I think I will go back in and change the "Resources" table to "Globals". My line of thinking was, it's being used to perform other functions therefor becoming a Resource, but I can see how that would be confusing later on if I do indeed have "Resources" I need to create. I think I understand the Variables, the reason I used the global variable $$dnID was because it was pulling the information from the "Resource" table and using that variables data in a different script. Now you brought up a good point I didn't really think about; as you said the wa
  8. Hello, All Assets are "Temporarily" assigned to staff members, when on leaves the asset becomes available. As for the Resources table, I created it to hold misc. fields that do not belong in other tables. Like the Asset Search box, I don't think it should go into the Assets table when its not holding any data related to the Assets other than storing a temporary value. Now I'm VERY new to Filemaker so I could be quite wrong on my assumption. For Global Variables my understanding on them was that a table could not see another tables variables unless it was a global. Again I could be
  9. For others out there like me I solved my own problem with the guess and check method First on my search field it is located in another table, so the first thing I had to do was do an OnObjectExit I set a global variable $$dnID. For the ADD button that was created, I used the following script: Set Error Capture [On] Set Variable [$$staffID; Value:Staff::ID] Go to Layout ["Asset"(Asset)] # Perform Quick Find [$$dnID] # If [$$dnID = Asset::DN and IsEmpty (Asset::StaffIDFK)] Set Field [Asset::StaffIDFK; $$staffID] Commit Records/Requests[] # Else If [$$dnID = Asset::DN and not IsEmp
  10. Hello Everyone, I'm having a hard time working out how to do a search and replace. How I have my FM project set up is; I have three tables. The first is Staff, it has these fields: id, staffID, firstName, lastName, fullName (caculated). The second is Assets, it has: id, staffIDFK, dn, make, model, etc... The last is Resources, it has: id, staffIDFK, assetsIDFK, addItem. What I have is on the Staff page I have two tabs, the first tab shows all of the staff members information, the second tab has a portal showing all assets assigned to them. Above the portal I have a field(add
  11. Hello all, I have a strange problem that I have not been able to work out over the past few days. I have created a popover search bar for my layout and am using the default Asset Quick setup. Within that inside the Asset Details window I have created a popover button that exposes a search bar. The odd part happens once a quick search has been done. The search provides the correct assets in the list, however it ALSO includes what ever asset was currently selected. For example If I have 3 items, each in a category of "Laptop, Desktop, and iPad" and the Desktop asset is selected, w
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.