Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About MyBigFM9Project

  • Rank
  1. Hmm. If that's the case then they really ought to discontinue the "Advanced" version and roll all the diagnostic utilities into the standard version. Just my 2 cents worth.
  2. I didn't save any examples at the time, so I would have to recreate it in order to provide an example. I think I was using FM to parse delimited text files generated by another program at the time (wanted to try it this way instead of writing a C program). So the only thing I did was substitute that code out, and then it worked perfectly. I have had no problem with using that since. If it hasn't been a problem for you then that is great.
  3. Each to their own I suppose. I wasn't able to get consistent results with IsEmpty(), in particular with V.9 since I have had it for so long, so I found this to be a sufficient workaround. Perhaps they have bulletproofed it since then. Plus it is easy for me to reuse the code for something other than "IsEmpty".
  4. Hmm I type it out like Wim does. The reason for that is because I often do long chains of conditionals and it is super-easy to just change the argument at the end. My conditions use a False condition as the "true" argument as much of the time, if not more. But to make it even a bit easier, I often express it like this wherever I can, and only change the equal sign. That makes it easy to correct the multi-variable conditionals if I get them wrong at first or if they need tweaking. $int = 0 $int <> 0 or $str = "" $str <> "" P.S. the only time where I use jus
  5. Thanks for that. I also don't think I have the GetFieldName() function on FMP9, which they probably added in a later release. Makes sense now.
  6. Okay, just to update in case anyone is following along. What worked out for me was to incorporate the HTML "Base" tag into the header of the HTML file which I am using Filemaker to edit. Probably nobody else in the world is doing exactly what I did, but that made it work perfectly. So I ended up ditching the Absolute Paths and just using HTML's Base tag to establish the correct Relative path back to the web server after the original relative path was broken (from it being loaded up and originating from FM this time) after the edits/enhancements. I am only using FM9 ADV and 360Works Scr
  7. @ Wim, I agree with your explicit use of conditional statements above, and do the same thing. Mine often become "conditional grids" or matrices. Filemaker wasn't my first go at programming, so I tend to use structural techniques and best practices from other programming languages out of habit in my FM scripts and custom functions. They work here too. (I use FM internally for some custom solutions at my day job, as well as for personal use). P.S. I never understood Filemaker's intention for a function or two, one of which being "GetField ( fieldName )", where a variable name alone or
  8. Well never mind, it wasn't anything to do with Filemaker. Upon further investigation it was because HTML pages use relative paths to the files on the server, so I changed them to absolute paths. Now when the HTML originates from Filemaker's Webviewer, it properly loads most of the files. There are still some minor issues, not related to the usage of the Webviewer, so I will go to other places to resolve those.
  9. Hi, I have run into a standstill here where maybe someone could point me in the right direction. This is for a large personal project that I have been working on for a few years. I have considered all the possibilities with FM and looked at add-ons, but this is the first time I think I cannot find an answer. I have used the Webviewer just to navigate through a website to get to a certain page to scrape. That works great. In this usage, I want to do more than just scrape. I want to load the page in FM (on the webviewer), take the "content" (client-side HTML), run it through a compa
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.