Jump to content

mrmacmusic

Members
  • Content Count

    25
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About mrmacmusic

  • Rank
    member

Recent Profile Visitors

2,025 profile views
  1. I would really appreciate some input on this, as I think I've got lost along the way trying to figure this out and whilst I have a working solution it seems somewhat convoluted (and is a bit sluggish to update)... I needed to create a report from the context of contacts so that this can display sub-summary data (sorted by contact::area and contact::category) of related survey data for each contact from the single most recent survey record (within a specified report date range) as well as count how many survey events took place in that date range. Because of the context, I concluded – per
  2. I'd appreciate any pointers with this... Essentially I have a working report layout setup with two sub-summary parts. These parts both have the same summary fields on them but the parts are setup to summarise when sorted by different sorts: one by contactArea, one by contactCategory. This works perfectly – when I sort by both contactArea and contactCategory at the same time, I get both overall Area totals and Category subtotals (there is also a Grand Summary part which provides overall totals, i.e. sum of all Areas). I can quite happily export this report as a PDF and that's fine, however I
  3. ​...tried that Kris (or rather tried a hard reset instructing him to hold down the power/home button until the Apple logo appears) and it makes no difference – following the iPhone reboot it still won't let him swipe away the Filemaker Go app... Puzzled, and more than a little concerned.
  4. ​Thanks Wim, I'll give that a bash... (No, I don't leave the Admin Console open for long periods)
  5. I've never come across this before... one of our mobile users has reported that Filemaker Go can't be swiped up to force close it – it just keeps bouncing back down Any ideas?!?
  6. I've noticed Server Admin Console (v13.0.9.905) is showing "0 Clients are currently connected" when in fact several are... Also in the Schedules section it reports that the last backups were performed on the 20th May and are next due to run on the 21st May however they've been running every day up to and including last night... I'm a bit concerned about this... any ideas?!?
  7. Thanks for the clarification and advice comment – I figured that might be the case and I'd be best just creating the required relationships.
  8. Hopefully I've posted this in the right place and someone can point me in the right direction here... I have staff and staffAllocations tables related by staffID. For each staff member I'm trying to visualise their events from the allocations table, displaying them in a row so that the user can easily see what events are allocated to them over the next 10 days. I'm using a repeating field (10 repetitions ) in the staff table with the following calculation: Let ( [ current_date = Extend ( gview_startDate ) + Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) ] ; If ( current_date > Extend ( staffAllocat
  9. I'm having the same problem and wondered if other users of FM EasySync can shed light on how long (roughly) it actually takes to process a single record..? My solution is taking around 3-4 seconds per record...
  10. Thanks for that eos LOL! Ah yes, FilterValues... I knew it was in there somewhere! Part of the problem with having to dip in and out of FMPro development rather than doing it full time is that my brain can take a bit of time to get back up to speed... Thanks for the heads up on the more straightforward related table option... makes sense.
  11. I've hit a snag using PatternCount to count values within a list for a summary chart and hope someone can point me in the direction of an alternative solution... Here's my problem: I have a summaryReferralReason Summary field which is a List of the referralReasons field, which can contain 5 different unique values selected from a drop-down list and are the subject for a simple bar chart in my summary layout. I couldn't understand why adding up the totals for each of these 5 values in my bar chart were different from the summarised total (which is simply a count of all values) and then it twi
  12. Whilst syncing appears to have been working well within the solution I built, I have a situation whereby a number of records weren't pushed to the host from the remote client: Changes made on day 1 - sync appeared to run OK, host data updated Changes made on day 2 - sync appeared to run OK, data on host not updated Changes made on day 3 - sync appeared to run OK, host data updated I have no idea why the sync on day 2 would appear to have worked fine yet on later inspection of the data it transpires that record updates were not actually pushed to the host... I realise the remote c
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.