Jump to content

DCA

Members
  • Content Count

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

DCA last won the day on March 11 2015

DCA had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About DCA

  • Rank
    member
  1. I have a solution where users in the field add records in FM Go on their iPhones. That data is then synced to the server. No data needs to go back to the mobile device. I followed the instructions and named the TO's with the prefix ES_PUSH_ on both tables in both the hosted and mobile files. However, when I run it, it transfers all of the data on the server down to the mobile device. Is there something I've missed? Why is it pulling data when it should only push it? Marc
  2. Good luck with that Douglas. If you do figure out the cause and an actual solution, please post it here. I'd certainly be interested, even though we've pretty much given up on FM EasySync for our solution. Marc
  3. Tim, Considering I've lost close to $50K in other work while trying to sort this out, I'm reluctant to waste any more time trying to figure out the exact cause. I'll just wait and see if the problem occurs again during our final testing. Marc
  4. My sync process is finally working. I managed to identify the cause of the problem and found a workaround. Unfortunately, I still haven’t found the cause or a solution, just a workaround. As I’ve always said when it comes to anything FileMaker related, where there’s a need, there’s a workaround. So, here’s my journey and I hope that if this ever rears its’ ugly head to anyone else, this post will help diagnose and solve the problem. Whenever I ran the sync process in my mobile file, it would always fail with an error 106 (Table missing). I had thoroughly checked every single TO and relatio
  5. We've experienced some issues with corrupted documents in container fields which were included in the sync process. This affects PDF's and JPG's. This hasn't affected every record as far as we can tell. The files were inserted into the container fields in the main database on the server with external (Open) storage. They were transferred to the mobile device via a sync and were not modified on the mobile device, so should not have synced back to the main database. The corruption is in both the server and mobile files. I did read in another thread about an incompatiubility with the Compress
  6. Finally got it working. Renaming the TO solved the problem. It took several days to do the initial sync though. Slow and unreliable internet and loads of data in the initial sync meant having to make several attempts. I ended up pre-loading the data and then syncing and it's now all good and shipped off to the client to download and install on their iPad's. Feeling very relieved. Thanks for the help guys. Marc
  7. This may turn out to be premature, but I think I may have identified the cause of the problem and inadvertently fixed it. Thanks largely to the advice offered by GisMo, I turned on the push and pull debug options. As painful as it was dismissing four separate dialogs for every one of 1,284 records, it did prove where it was failing. The problem was with the main Projects table. It would have been the last one I would have switched off in my process of elimination. Whereas the dialogs for all the other tables showed the correct table name eg ES_TableName1, ES_TableName2 etc., the one for ES_Pro
  8. Let my rephrase my question. Is there any way I can get FM EasySync to show me the name of the table it's looking for when it generates the 106 error? Knowing that will greatly simplify my troubleshooting process (which has now lasted two weeks).
  9. We are so close to going live with this system, but we've struck a brick wall and need advice. First some background: The original system was built several years ago and has 50+ tables. Only 31 of those need to be synced to the mobile version of the file, which will be loaded onto iPad's to take into the field. Of those 31 tables, only half contain data which will be modified in the mobile version. The resat are mainly resource tables. We managed to get the sync process working perfectly on copies of the main file, but it refuses to sync to the actual file. It's extremely frustrating b
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.