Jump to content

kfeete

Members
  • Content Count

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About kfeete

  • Rank
    member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thank you! I was hoping you meant something along these lines, that will make my life a whole lot simpler.
  2. I'm sorry, I'm really out of my element when it comes to SQL inside FileMaker. When you say to construct the query in a text field, are you referring to the "specify calculation" dialog inside the Script Workspace, or something else entirely? Thank you again for your help!
  3. It took some wrangling, until I found this comment. The syntax that worked for me was this: (note the double-quote marks inside the Quote function) ExecuteSQL ("SELECT SUM (" & Quote("Quantity removed from inventory") & ") FROM " & Quote("Trade Record Ledger") & "WHERE " & Quote("ID_Quantity") & "= ? AND " & Quote("ID_SubRecord") & "LIKE ?" ; "" ; ""; "QUN5"; "INV%") I've not really used custom functions, will have to do some reading up on it, thanks! Now that I'm past the syntax issues, to figure out why my JOIN doesn't actually do what I want
  4. Comment, thank you for such a quick response! You're right, of course, that double-quote character placement was a mistake. I've been going through so many different variations of the syntax that I typoed and never noticed. And yes, once that was cleaned up, the missing closing quote popped up. Here's the code that worked, after the typos were cleaned up. ExecuteSQL ("SELECT SUM (\"Quantity removed from inventory\") FROM \"Trade Record Ledger\" JOIN \"Trade Records\" ON \"Trade Record Ledger.ID_Record\" = \"Trade Records.Trade Record ID\" WHERE \"ID_Quantity\" = ? AND \"ID_S
  5. Hi folks. I'm attempting to run an SQL query that references a table with a space in its name. ExecuteSQL ("SELECT SUM (\"Quantity removed from inventory\") FROM \"Trade Record Ledger\" JOIN \"Trade Records\" ON Trade Record Ledger.ID_Record = "\Trade Records\".\"Trade Record ID\" WHERE \"ID_Quantity\" = ? AND \"ID_SubRecord\" LIKE ?" AND "Trade Records".\"Action Date\" = ? ; "" ; ""; "QUN5", "INV%", "08/12/2020") This returns a number, text constant, field name, or "(" is expected here - highlighting the beginning of "\Trade Records\" on the third line. The following, simple
  6. After a rather unfortunate weekend where a downed power line resulted in a five-hour outage during production, I got to work this morning to a bit of a mess. The primary iPad we use in production had all the data from Saturday's production and today's and it was syncing fine. Then they brought in the secondary iPad and tried to sync it, and the fun began. First, I started getting all kinds of error messages about specific records. Then it flat-out refused to sync the iPads at all, saying they were a "different database" than what was on the server. I wiped the second iPad and reinstalled an em
  7. I don't know exactly what I did, but after a bunch of prodding and redoing the config file the dang table started syncing. Probably a mistake on my end, I'm pretty new at this. Thanks for the help though. At least I was able to stop focusing on the cross table, because that was just driving me nuts...
  8. I've just started using MirrorSync to sync our production iPads with our FileMaker server, and overall I am thrilled with the functionality. I do have one weird little issue, though, that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have a table called Step Intervals, and none of the records from this table appear on the iPads after sync. It's not for any of the obvious reasons: I do have the Step intervals table checked in the MirrorSync setup, all the fields I want synced are on the sync layout, etc. However the table itself contains a self-join. Without getting into a ton of extraneous
  9. After some poking, I'm now getting: Which is at least a new error, and makes me think I've messed up somewhere using the function. This is what the code in my script looks like: CCProfileUpdatePayment($APILogin; $TransKey; $CustomerID; $ProfileID; $Card; $Expiry; "zip=" & $Zip) Have I messed up anywhere, or is there anything else that could be causing that error?
  10. I'm running Plastic 2.33 using Authorize.net and running into an issue with updating profiles. A customer will change their billing address (or, occasionally, they'll give us a new expiry for an unchanged credit card). I'll enter this in my FileMaker database and run a script using CCProfileUpdatePayment. However, since we only store the last four digits of the card on our system, the card number passed into CCProfileUpdatePayment is invalid. We'll get an error and the profile will not update. But I can't not update the card number, or I get an "invalid number of arguments for function" error
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.