Jump to content

joebwan

Members
  • Content Count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About joebwan

  • Rank
    novice
  1. I've been having some weird behavior with filemaker running a database and publishing it through IWP. At least I thought it was wierd behavior because sometimes a field marked with "global" storage would hold different values depending on which client (IWP or Filemaker Network) was being used to access the database. If I understand global storage fields correctly, if one client updates the global field, all other clients should see that updated value. In other words, global fields aren't just temporary storage fields local only to the client, although they are often used that way. Is this understanding correct?
  2. In Filemaker Pro 7 and Filemaker Developer 7 (I just checked), there is no "perform w/ dialog" check box for that script command.
  3. Excellent. That works. I just got FMP a week ago so I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of it.
  4. I figured it out. I had to create a second (clone) table in the relationships graph. Dragging two fields to create a relationship just made the single relationship into an "AND" relationship.
  5. Is there a way for a script to detect if the client is running through IWP verses Filemaker network?
  6. If I have a table with ID1 and ID2 fields that match the ID field in another table, can I have two relationships going where each ID refers to a different record? Something where I can get ID1->Name or ID2->Name. Initial experiments aren't yielding an obvious answer. Is such a desire too complex for the relationship system in Filemaker?
  7. If a script could automatically be called when a layout shows a new record and again when a field shown in the layout changes, then I think it could work. The lookup field would be global and set only for purposes of displaying the looked-up value rather than the underlying table linking ID. So the user sees a dropdown value list that looks something like... Bob Carol Ted Alice Then when one is picked, the PersonID field gets updated with the correct value. The problem, this solution requires triggering a script to run at certain points that I don't know how to trigger stripts at. Does everyone else who build data entry layouts with related tables force the operator to manually enter the KeyID field numbers?
  8. This bug still occurs with the v2 patch, so I don't think there is a solution until possibly the v3 patch is released. <crossing fingers>
  9. I suppose a field that I filled with a lookup value would work if it had an attached value lookup drop-down listbox attribute AND just at the moment the value was chosen a script would run to update the ID value. But is there a way to run a script when a field changes value??? I didn't see how to do that.
  10. I know that using modifiable data as the relationship key between tabls is a no-no. Here is what I want... Table A with one or more ID fields that relate to table B. In story-problem-speak, let's say table A is an event and table B are participant names and each record in table A can have, say, three particpants. So far so good, but the trick is to build a layout with three layout-fields that each display a specific piece of data from the related table B, but not the ID number. I want the related piece of data instead. It would be nice to have the layout use a drop-down listbox to select entries from table B and when selected, it would update the appropriate ID field in table A to reflect the data chosen from the drop-down listbox. I could use some help to point me in the right direction here.
  11. I'm experiencing the same problem -- tab order appears in random order with web sharing, but is in proper order in the application. I presume it is a bug.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.