Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Days Won


comment last won the day on May 20

comment had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1,694 Excellent

About comment

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. This is not a good starting point. You should handle the fees the same way as adding products to an invoice. Start with a table of FeeTypes where each fee type has a record with the current fee amount. Then create a record in a Fees join table for each fee you add to your invoice(?), and lookup the fee amount from the FeeTypes table.
  2. Does the attached test work for you? InsertFromRedirectURL.fmp12
  3. I am not able to reproduce any of the problems you report. Are you using secure storage or open storage?
  4. Why not? BTW, I believe you could script the process of getting the image - or rather the URL of the image, by setting your web viewer to the initial URL and pausing for a while before getting GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( "webviewer" ; "source" ). But I don't see how the storage method affects the methods you can use to populate the field.
  5. If there is only one answer possible, then the selection should be stored in a field in the Questions table (or in a Responses table, where there is a record for each response of a subject to a question), not in the Answers table. You can have a button in your portal that sets a field in the parent table to the selected answer, and a calculation field (or a conditionally formatted object) to display the selection.
  6. If Find Field is a global field*, and you are trying to find records where percentage is greater than or equal to the value entered in Find Field, then you need to do: Enter Find Mode [] Set Field [ YourTable::Percentage ; "≥" & SomeTable::Find Field ] ... Otherwise I have no clue what you're trying to do here. Note that your expression = Percentage ≥ Find Field is a Boolean expression; it will return a result of either 1 (true) or 0 (false). --- (*) Only global fields have values in Find mode.
  7. Sub-summary parts appear only when records are sorted by the associated break field. After performing a find, records are unsorted.
  8. I am not sure I understand the question. You said you wanted to produce a report. A script that produces a report will normally start by establishing a found set of the records to report on.
  9. You have this as the output file path: file:../../../../Desktop/OUTPUT/$filePath You should have only: file:$filePath or: $filePath The path to the desktop and the OUTPUT folder is already included in the $filePath variable (use Show Custom Dialog to see its exact contents).
  10. Can you post a copy of your file, reduced to the minimum necessary to show the problem?
  11. Not really. I am ignoring your last attempt, which is obviously wrong (there shouldn't be any escaped quotes in the filepath calculation). The only thing that comes to mind is that your field contains an invalid filename. I am not able to verify this through a screenshot, but perhaps there are some invisible characters?
  12. Then I don't know. I've made a simple test file that works for me. See if it works for you, so that we can tell if it's something in your file or in your system. ExportTest.fmp12
  13. Set a variable to: Get (DesktopPath) & "OUTPUT/" & YourTable::YourField & ".tab" then use this variable as the output file path in the Export Records > Specify output file dialog.
  14. Assuming that quantity cannot be negative, the only way that a quantity of a group can be 0 is if all the quantities in the group are 0. So simply start by performing a find for quantity > 0. I assume you mean the top 10 types by quantity? For this, you will need to first sort your records by Type and then omit any records after the 10th group. This can be done quickly using an adaptation of a method called Fast Summaries by Mikhail Edoshin. Your table needs to have 2 summary fields: sTotal for totaling the quantity and sCount that counts some field that cannot be empty (e.g. ItemID). Start by finding the items iyou want to report on and sorting them by Type, reordered by sTotal, descending. This groups the items by type and places the groups with the highest quantities at the top of the report. Then make your script do: # GO TO FIRST RECORD OF EACH GROUP, USING "FAST SUMMARIES" Go to Record/Request/Page [ First ] Loop Set Variable [ $i; Value:$i + 1 ] Set Variable [ $nextRecord; Value:Get ( RecordNumber ) + GetSummary ( Items::sCount ; Items::Type) ] Exit Loop If [ $nextRecord > Get ( FoundCount ) or $i > 10 ] Go to Record/Request/Page [ $nextRecord ] [ No dialog ] End Loop # OMIT EXCESS RECORDS If [ $i > 10 ] Omit Multiple Records [ Get ( FoundCount ) - Get ( RecordNumber ) + 1 ][ No dialog ] End If I am afraid I did not understand #3. It sounds like there are several questions in there and each deserves its own thread.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.