Jump to content

Andreas T.

Members
  • Content Count

    70
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Andreas T.

  • Rank
    member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

FileMaker Experience

  • Skill Level
    Expert
  • FM Application
    17

Platform Environment

  • OS Platform
    Mac
  • OS Version
    Sierra

FileMaker Partner

  • Certification
    8
    9
    10
    11
    12
    13
    14
    15
  • Membership
    FileMaker TechNet
    FileMaker Business Alliance
  1. A bit late to the party, but I ran into this issue now and thought I'd provide my solution in case it helps someone. I found out that you need to provide the domain name also on Windows, even if you are using a local account. Something like: MyWindowsServer\administrator You can find your complete user name by running the command whoami in the command console.
  2. That is great news and solves the one issue I had with the product. Thank you.
  3. I'm thinking it has to be the other way around. Have you tested if accounts in the production version are migrated to the dev version with the data?
  4. Now with 360Deploy 2, do you support transferring of user accounts? Seems likely as you now use the new Data Migration Tool which support this, but your material does not mention this as far as I can see.
  5. Thank you, Zach. I suppose that would be a feasible, although not ideal, solution. One would need to delegate passwords to users, keeping them in a separate secure local file. Users would not be able to change their own passwords in the solutions.
  6. I am surprised that no one from 360 Works has responded to this. Isn't this their official support channel?
  7. I’m considering the solution bundle for a vertical market solution. One major issue looks to be the handling of user accounts. The various deployments all have lots of different internal Filemaker user accounts that are managed from within each solution by the local admins. How can one migrate those user accounts from the production version or is it something that can be recreated after the import? Advice welcomed.
  8. The diff processor won’t work with different file names. You need to edit the file names and the xml files. Do a search/replace in a text editor before import.
  9. Thanks to you I finally managed to get the BE_ApplyXSLT function working after consolidating all external references into the main XSL. Obvious when you think about it it, but I somehow didn't catch that only the unparsed selected file was read in and got hung up in the fact that there seemed to be no errors. IMO, the function needs some better error handling and the docs needs some error correction as well as maybe a note on this potential pitfall. Thank you again.
  10. No.... Seems I made a mistake about that, there was an include in the one I was thinking about. Really confusing when the function doesn't report on such errors. That's what tripped me up. I have tested with so many scenarios that I'm not sure anymore what worked and what didn't. Have to assume then that it is missing dependencies that is the general cause. The function should error report on missing dependencies. All other processors do. Going to start over after I combine the dependencies into the main XSL. Thank you again so much, Comment for your time.
  11. Ah, you are probably right, but then it should at least have thrown exceptions about missing references. I have also tried with other XSL-files which have no dependencies and they also silently fail. I will try to combine thes files into one.
  12. I can send you a PM with the files, if you are willing to give it a try. Would be useful to teste it on another machine, for sure. The files are small, the XML is about 11K and the XSL with includes totals less than 100K. I have verified that all includes are included.
  13. After spending close to two days on this annoying issue, I've reached the end of my rope and I'm giving up on these functions. They seem to fail to transform or error report many documents, even though I cannot see a pattern to it. Simple documents work fine, something a bit more complicated and they often fail silently. Every other transformer I have found works including Oxygen, libxml2, AppleScript XMLLIB and this Java based (jaxp) online transformer: http://www.utilities-online.info/xsltransformation/#.WRWJHVLJLmE As I cannot see a way to bug report this without paying $199, I'm out. I'll have to find an XML library I can use on Windows and use Applescript on the Mac. Thanks for your input , Comment.
  14. Thanks again. I had already tried the BE_ApplyXSLTInMemory function in a similar fashion, but I did try again with your excact example and it fails in the same way with nothing returned. All paths are working and the files are being read into the fields. The function silently fails. I am going to try the function with some other XML and see if I can make out where it fails.
  15. Thank you, Comment for your confirmation of the documentation error and your suggestion. I have already verified the paths with the BE_SelectFile function and they are correct. Btw, using direct adressing with /private/var or the symlink /var makes no difference in any of the test scenarios I have tried. They both work, except in BE_ApplyXSLT where neither works. I think the function somehow chokes on my XML or XSLT, but then there should be an error. Besides, libxml2 transforms the file with no errors or warnings.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.