I've got a solution that will probably solve many of your navigation headaches.
Ever get tired of leaving a layout, going to a different layout, and then returning to the first one, only to find all your tabs have been reset to their defaults?
Well, have I got a solution for you! And it's free!
Now you may be thinking to yourself...
"Self, I've already seen lots of other solutions like this..."
or have you...
This solution only requires the following criteria:
- Two scripts
- One global variable
- That the tabs you want to remember must have object names.
- Only works in FM Pro 8.5 (either platform)
- no custom functions required
- no special fields required
- no special naming conventions required for tabs or layouts
- no additional buttons or scripts, just refer to the two scripts in the sample file when needed.
Complete details and documentation of how it works are included in the file.
I kind of threw the documentation together last minute, so if anyone has any suggestions for the content, or even a better way of solving the issue, I'm all ears.
Enjoy, hope it helps. Tab_Controls.zip