Jump to content

pjp

Members
  • Content Count

    13
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About pjp

  • Rank
    novice
  1. I have developed a fairly extensive application to manage my business using FM Pro 8.5 Advanced. Now I need to consider how to host it and make it available over the web to various users. I would like to engage a consultant to help me with this project. More details in the attached file. I am ready to go with this project and am looking for a consultant now. : PJPCo_Database_Consulting_Project_Spec_2008_04_22.pdf
  2. Fenton: I finally got around to debugging this today, and it works perfectly. Thank you again for your help. I know that I would never have thought of this solution on my own, and your solution has opened up a whole new toolkit of techniques for me. Philip
  3. I think that would solve one phenomena I am seeing. I will add that into the script. The other problem I have is that I am not seeing any result in the calculation of the cAssignedIDs_VL (using the notation of your solution) where there are no assigned IDs for that record. I should at least see a space there. I think that this is an artefact of how I have implemented the solution.
  4. Fenton: Thanks. I think that this has solved the problem. That is, I understand the principle of the solution and have implemented it. My implementation is working correctly half the time, but I realize that the remaining problems are to do with some aspect of how I have implemented the solution.
  5. Situation: Tables I have a table of contacts, call it CONT. I am setting up a system for sending direct mail to some of my contacts. There are different direct mail programs, each targeted at a different group of contacts. So I have defined a table called DMGroup one record for each group of contacts. One group will contain multiple contacts; one contact can belong to multiple groups. So I have set up a join table DMGroupMembers. Its records contain only 3 fields: a primary key for this table and two foreign keys, one to the CONT table (fkey_cont) and one to the DMGroup table (fkey_dm
  6. Soren, Phil: I think that I have now solved the problem by taking some clues from your postings. I created a new layout that is linked to a TO of the target table that is related to the originating layout's TO (in the past I had used an unrelated layout/TO of the target table) and now the found set is exactly the imported records. I still do not understand why this should have fixed the problem, but I guess that enlightenment may come with time. Thank you for your help. Philip
  7. Soren: You are correct, I do have a "Go to Layout" step at the top of my script. The reason is that the layout where this script is called is not linked to the target table for the imported records. So I jump to layout that is linked to an (unrelated) TO of the target table. Could I ask you to explain one item in more detail? You wrote: What is a "receiving base" and how do I set it so that it is not empty? Philip
  8. Phil: Thanks, that will work. I do have an ID field in the record, so I will put it to good use. Philip
  9. I am fairly new to FM script writing, and am writing a script to (i) Import some records from an Excel spreadsheet into a table as new records in that table (ii) Set two fields in the imported records to specific values (but not change the field values in any records that existed prior to the import) Here is my problem. After I use the Import Records script step, I was hoping that the Found Set of records in my table would be only the imported records, and then I could step through the Found Set and use Set Field on my two fields. (Such a Found Set is what results from using the File
  10. Thank you both for your fast response and insightful questions. I will try and explain the issue in more depth. This is part of a larger system that I am developing. In other parts of the system, for example where a technical expert must evaluate an individual patent, the expert must choose a rating level from drop down value list, which is driven from records of the RatingLevels table. However, in this part of the solution, where we are preparing reports to the company owning the patents, we may want to adjust our terminology so that it is the same as the terminology of the owner.
  11. I have a table called EvaluationTranches in which I store summary data about the valuation of groups ("tranches") of patents. The patents receive a rating on one of five levels: Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor, or No Value. I hold these five rating levels in a another table, called RatingLevels. For each record in the EvaluationTranches table, I have a repeating field called ratingLevelsRep[5] in which I would like to store the each of the different rating levels mentioned above (Excellent, Good, etc.) as text values. I want to use a lookup instead of just having a relation to the Rating
  12. Thank you. I just implemented this and it works perfectly. You have made my day.
  13. I have a table of companies and a field in that table for the number of patents that the company has received in recent years. I want another field that calculates the rank of this particular company amongst companies in the table according to the number of patents it has received. i.e. the company with the most patents would be ranked 1, that with the second largest number of patents would be ranked 2, etc. I would like the calculation to update when a new company is added to the table and to be available in a variety of layouts and contexts. I figured that I could add a self-
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.