Jump to content

scarlet23

Members
  • Content Count

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About scarlet23

  • Rank
    novice
  1. My database is completed now, I ended up scrapping the monthly product report and doing something slightly different and less complex. Thanks for all your help!
  2. Sometimes, in school, they get us to do things the long way first, then show us the shortcuts, so we understand how everything works. Maybe that's why my teacher did things this way? Anyway, the changes that Fenton made seem to work, it's just that I don't understand how you places the sales table in the orders file. Sorry, but I have a lot of documentation ahead of me (you might have seen it in the folder I sent you), and I have to be able to explain how everything was done. What is the 'Preview print many letter' script used for, and are the error checking and other script steps in
  3. Part of my assignment is that I have to have 4 related files. I think it might bee too confusing for both me and my teacher if I change it now. Just to clarify, you are saying that for the report to work correctly, it must be in the sale file? Are you sure there is no other way?
  4. Here's my database. Hopefully you can pinpoint the problem from there... Project.zip
  5. My report is based on the sales file, it's just not located in the sales file. From what I can see, making a new report layout in the sales file is the only way the report could work, but I think I might lose marks for that because it's not very user friendly... I have sub-summarised by product ID and client ID, as in the files posted by Søren Dyhr. I can send the entire database to you guys to look at, if that's easier, as I'm a bit confused right now :S
  6. I'm even more confused after reading this :S Are you referring to the lines in the portal in the invoice layout? I don't know what they are from I allowed the creation of related records when I made the portal, too. The records are all there as they should be, in the sales file (the file that is linked to the portal). They just don't appear when I perform a search, which I think is because the records I am searching for are in the sales file, not the main file. I don't know how to make them show up in the report.
  7. I'm sorry, I don't understand Could you please clarify exactly which part of the database you are referring to? Also, when performing a search for products sold in a specified month, the user is directed to a layout which has a drop-down menu for both a 'month' and 'year' field using value lists created from the 'invoice date' field. By foreignkey, do you mean the 'client ID' field? It is a drop-down menu as a form of validation; to ensure the user of the database does not enter a non-existant Client ID.
  8. Argh. I've just noticed another problem. I worked on it for ages, but can't figure out how to fix it. The report isn't showing all products sold in the specified month, only the first product to appear in the portal in the invoice layout. The portal shows records from the sales file, shown in the attached diagram. I produced the report for June 2007, also shown in the diagram, and I know there are much more than 3 products sold in that month. Help?
  9. Thank you so much! This problem has been bugging me for ages. Ah, such relief!
  10. I've made a 4-file relational database as part of my IT course. The related files are called 'clients', 'sales', 'products' and 'orders', with the orders file as the main file. Everything is working as it should be, with the exception of sub-summary fields in an automatically generated report. The report is supposed to summarise all products sold within a chosen month. The month and year is selected via a drop-down menu on a separate layout, and the script that generates the report uses this information to search for relevant products/records. The invoice/order layout features a portal where p
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.