Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About NovaChan

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. This is FMS 13.5. I just tried reinstalling FMS and rebooting. No difference. I'm seeing other issues too: - Can't connect to web server when trying to enable web publishing - FMS won't start itself after system reboots. I have to force it using launchctl I just tried starting from scratch with a fresh VM image. Still no luck. Maybe there's something flawed with this image.
  2. I have the same issue! Nothing is reported on port 2399 in netstat of lsof. Also repaired disk permissions. When attempting to turn on xDBC, I only get this in the FMS log: XDBC connections are not allowed. Please update the thread if you make progress.
  3. I'm unable to authenticate into SuperContainer. This occurred after the latest round of updates to the OS (10.6.8), FMS (11) and SuperContainer (2.89). Replicating the Problem I'm trying to load these urls in Safari: http://localhost/SuperContainer http://localhost/SuperContainer/Files/attachments/000004 Each one returns error 401 after I enter the credentials configured in web.xml (see below). This is what I get in /var/log/apache2/access_log - - [28/Jul/2013:13:51:31 -0700] "GET /SuperContainer/ HTTP/1.1" 401 1063 - - [28/Jul/2013:13:51:34 -0700] "GET /SuperCont
  4. +1 for Groovy with native JSON support in ScriptMaster. I see they're up to 1.8.4 now. Just so you know there's one more in the following for this. Thanks!
  5. 360Works helped me through a different avenue, so here's the solution for the record. I had "showProgress=true" set, which obviously wouldn't work when being run server-side. I am told that the next update will handle this issue for the user.
  6. Actually, I take that back. I just encountered the error again when attempting to upload files on a scheduled script. The changed behavior I referred to in my previous comment occurred when attempting to run the script via a daemon (but that's a separate issue).
  7. It appears that the server plug-in was actually not running v 2.81. I may have looked directly into the plug-in package to check its version. Restarting the database server changed its behavior, so it looks like this may have been due to a discrepancy in versions.
  8. I'm trying to upload some files using a FileMaker script scheduled on the server. I'm getting an odd error though. Here are the details: ERROR MESSAGE: Error uploading file. java.lang.IllegalStateException: SCPluginModel#setResource must be called from the EDT DESTINATION PATH: attachments/000091 SOURCE_PATH: /tmp/mailmate_downloads/34/CIMG0257.JPG FILE SIZE: 78606336 SystemVersion: 10.6.8 (OS X) Java Version: java version "1.6.0_15" Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_15-b03-219) Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.1-b02-90, mixed mode) SuperContainer
  9. This isn't going to be the exact answer you're looking for, but I see this question has been unanswered for a few days. One plug-in you might consider is the Web Services plug-in by Beezwax. It does come with a purchase price, but it also lets you roll your own features using whatever web services you can find. I'm not sure what services are out there or which ones are free, but it might be worth a look. Disclaimer: I work for Beezwax.
  10. I second the recommendation for ClipManager. Not what you were looking for, I know. Another close-but-not-quite option is ScriptMaster by 360Works. It gives you a library of external functions written in Groovy. It's easy to add your own functions as well. This might sound like an advertisement, but it really is amazing what you can accomplish. It's also free and doesn't require you to install any plug-ins. All you have to do is include the ScriptMaster FileMaker file in your directory and register your desired functions with an external function call when you open your solutio
  11. Since you posted this in the custom function section, I'm going to show how to create a text string result using custom functions. There are other (probably better) ways to show results that dynamically update on your layout, but I already typed up this response, so that will have to wait for another post! I like to approach complex functions by breaking them down into essential aspects. This makes it easier and gives you more modular code in the end. Sometimes you can find the custom functions for many of these aspects on sites like Brian Dunning's. Here is a basic custom function t
  12. I definitely second Lauren's recommendation to look at SeedCode. Their files are worth the investment even if you only use a fraction of the code. Let's clarify what exactly it does though. From what I understand, it provides two ways to view your data in iCal: 1. Export an .ics file that can then be imported into iCal 2. Publish an iCalendar feed that can be subscribed to from within iCal or a widget, etc. Note that subscribe feeds (option 2) cannot be edited in iCal - just viewed. I'm curious to hear if I'm missing anything or if anyone has automated the import into iCal.
  13. Thanks for sharing the result. My approach was aimed at using one field in TableA, but what you ended up with is very clean and easy for someone else to understand and modify. Maybe it would be worth the extra credit of using one field if you had to implement the feature somewhere else.
  14. I was hoping there would be a clever way to solve this with a few List functions and some substitution, but couldn't get it to work. It seems that there would be yet a more elegant way to do this, especially when adding the option to reverse the presentation of first and last name. I'd enjoy seeing what you come up with.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.