Jump to content

Matthew Miller

Members
  • Content Count

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Matthew Miller

  • Rank
    newbie
  1. Hey, I have a calculation that I can't even begin to guess at the solution; all help appreciated. We have a database of students in various stages of the admissions process (eg: Inquired, Visiting, Applied, etc). We keep a history of their changes in status, including the status, the effective date of change and the amount of time elapsed since the previous change in status. So far, so good. Our admission director would like a report showing the number of students in each stage of the process (no problem), the amount of time it's taking to move them between stages (no problem
  2. Follow-up: even weirder, further testing revealed that it is related to the content. Showing the border revealed that the web viewer bounds were exactly where I'd placed them; the internal white space (content) was overlapping the border of the viewer! Copying the web address definition and pasting into a new web viewer resulted in the same problem. Pasting into a text editor and then copying and pasting back into a new web viewer solved the problem. I have two of these viewers right next to each other, each displaying different content; previously had trouble with both but today only the one
  3. Oh, I didn't know that. So in layout mode you can layer it behind all other elements, but that's not how FM treats it in browse mode? -Just tested and confirmed this for myself...<sigh>. So, sorry for the newbie question: any idea why it would exceed the bounds I defined for it? Is that "expected" behavior, too? (I wish I knew more about these things!).
  4. One additional note: the WebViewer elements are layered behind all other elements on the page except the background box. And are still showing up overlapping the elements below them (but not always...<sigh>...I hate intermittent problems). Any suggestions gratefully welcomed!
  5. I have two web viewers, showing custom code generated based on field objects. Each was working perfectly yesterday. Today, for no reason I can discover, they are both exceeding the bottom border of their bounding boxes (in the picture, they bottom edges are in the blue bar but should stop within the white box above that). I've tried changing their size (both bigger and smaller) with no change in symptoms. Creating a new web viewer with the same calculation as the content Did fix the problem, though. Any ideas on how I can avoid this in the future? I can't find anything a
  6. I have a database that contains student information. One of the items I attempted to create is a schedule. This was a bit tricky for me, as it involved creating a fairly deep cascade of buoy TOs in order to show all the data desired. Originally, it worked fine to create the schedules. However, now that I'm going back and trying to print schedules on a one-off basis as changes are made, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't! When it doesn't, I get a page full of blank portals, as if the global student ID field were left blank (though it isn't). Here's the structure: In the d
  7. Aha! I see it now. Thank you so much! Now it's reporting accurately. Just for my information, what could have been done if the file turned out to be corrupted?
  8. Sorry, thought I disabled that. Use account mmiller with no password.
  9. I've attached a empty-cloned copy, with 5 records added to the [color:blue]Household table. The layout in question is [color:orange]RPT - Students By Zip Re the correct field, I think so. The summary field itself ([color:green]HouseholdsByZip) I created in the [color:blue]Household table, referencing the [color:green]Zip field in the [color:blue]Household table. The layout is based on the [color:purple]stu_stu2house_primary_HOUSE instance of the [color:blue]Household table. The subsummary part uses the [color:green]Zip field in [color:purple]stu_stu2house_primary_HOUSE instance, a
  10. Had what I thought was a fairly simply setup to create: in our student database, I need to build a report to show the number of households within each zip code. So, I merrily create: * a summary field holding the COUNT of field Zip (zSum_HouseholdsByZip) * a layout based on the Household table (actually, a particular instance, holding the primary households) * a subsummary part containing the summary field (and the Zip field, as an identifier) with Zip as the break field * a couple fields in the body for filtering Then I go to find mode, find our enrolled students, sort by
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.