Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'not working'.
Found 2 results
I have stumbled upon a strange bug in one of my Databases concerning a value list. We have a table containing part numbers, which is related to a table containing "revisions" for the part numbers, which is related to a table of inspections for the "revisions". On a layout of the Inspections table, I have a value list. This value list selects the UUID of the revision, but displays the Part Number for the user. This has worked perfectly for several months. However, this morning one of my users discovered that he was unable to located "0000194" from this list. At first I thought maybe the UUID's somewhere along the line had become disconnected from their respective foreign keys on related tables. This was not the case. I then tried deleting and remaking the value list. This did not solve my problem. Then I figured if I deleted and rebuilt everything related to 0000194 that would fix it. This was not the case either. As a last ditch effort I restarted our FileMaker server, to no such luck. So then I began playing around with various aspects of 0000194. First I changed the company name, but it still didn't show up on the value list. Then I changed the part number to "TESTPART", and it showed up perfectly. So I tried "0194" and that showed up. Same for "00194" and "000194", but as soon as I add a fourth zero making it 0000194, it disappears from my value list. I'm 95% sure that this part number used to show up on the value list just fine, as we've already done inspections using this part number. So I'm thinking this bug has something to do with the leading zeros. I'm unsure of how to debug this or if there's any workarounds for this issue. Let me know if I need to supply any more information. Thank you in advance for any help you all can offer! [SOLUTION] At some point one of our scripts was run by a user without full permissions. The script added part number "0000194" to another customer, which I never noticed. Since Value Lists are indexed, it was not showing "0000194" because it was not a unique value. Deleting the second occurrence of "0000194" cleared my problem up.
Hi, Here is a custom function that I found on Briandunning.com. The problem is when I try to create a new function with this code, Filemaker refuses it saying The "here" above is situated before the parentheses after "WordWrap" and before "UnprocessedText". Would someone be kind enough to tell what I'm missing here to get this up and running? Let ([ TruncatedText = Left ( Text ; Size + 1 ) ; CountOfSpaces = PatternCount ( TruncatedText ; " " ) ; CountOfReturns = PatternCount ( TruncatedText ; "¶" ) ; PositionOfLastSpace = If ( CountOfReturns > 0 ; Position ( TruncatedText ; "¶" ; 1 ; 1 ) ; Position ( TruncatedText ; " " ; 1 ; CountOfSpaces ) ); AddReturn = If ( CountOfReturns > 0 ; "" ; " ¶" ); ThisLine = Trim ( Left ( TruncatedText ; PositionOfLastSpace ) ) ; UnprocessedText = Right ( Text ; Length ( Text ) - PositionOfLastSpace ) ; Result = If ( Length ( Text ) ≤ Size ; Text; ThisLine & AddReturn & WordWrap ( UnprocessedText ; Size ) ) ]; Result ) Sorry everyone. Please dismiss my post. I just realised that I was trying to include "WordWrap" as a function parameter and as the function name. All's well.