Search the Community
Showing results for tags 're-login'.
Found 2 results
Hello folks I am experiencing a peculiar behaviour, which is creating a user case problem, in a solution that is utilizing the Data Separation Model and WebDirect. I need to know if this behavior is normal, a bug, or if my implementation is incorrect. I've got an interface file and a data file. Each file has two Privilege Sets defined (in addition to [Full Access]); call them Floor and Manager. Floor has very restricted access, and Manager has more liberal access (but no where near Full Access). Scenario 1) I've made a script in the interface file which performs a re-login. A user logs in as Floor privileges via WEBDIRECT. User then performs the script and enters credentials for Manager. The interface file successfully performs the re-login and gains the privileges associated with Manager. However, the data file does NOT change, it does not re-login, and it still exhibits the behaviour of the Floor privileges. I know this is an incorrect implementation. Which brings me to: Scenario 2) I've made a script in the interface file which collects the account name and password from the user (show custom dialogue), stores them in temporary global fields and as local variables, clears the temporary global fields (keeps the variables), then performs the re-login using those variables (which works). The interface file gains the new privileges as expected. Then, that same interface script calls a re-login script in the data file, passes those login credentials to it, and then performs a re-login there in the data file as well. This works perfectly in FileMaker Pro Advanced, but it does not work in WebDirect. WebDirect still exhibits the same behaviors as described in Scenario 1: interface file does gain the new privileges, but the data file remains unchanged, retaining the original login's privilege set. Thus, how can I make WebDirect act like FileMaker Pro in regards to getting both parts of data separation model to perform a re-login? Thank you
Hey folks, Is there a way to change the Re-login dialog box that pops up so that instead of "Account Name:", it says "Account Email"? I've tried using 'show custom dialog' script steps for already added account logins, and that works with one exception. When they client forgets their password, and we go into security and change the password, and then "require new password" is checked. When the client logs in to change their password, it isn't requiring it and the clients new password is stuck at whatever we changed it to. So from that experience, I went back to the default "Re-login" script step. So, really, what I'm trying to do is figure out one or the other option here. Make a 'show custom dialog' box that will allow 'require password change' on next login, OR, change the Re-login default field description from "Account Name" to "Account Email".