Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'replace'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Community Forums

  • The New FileMaker Platform
  • Community Resources
    • Community Articles, Tips, & Techniques
    • FileMaker Marketplace Discussions
  • FileMaker Platform
    • FileMaker Interface Features
    • FileMaker Schema & Logical Functions
    • FileMaker Go for iPad and iPhone
    • FileMaker and the Internet
    • FileMaker Pro Advanced 18
    • FileMaker Pro Advanced 17
    • Legacy FileMaker Platform Discussions
  • FileMaker Server Administration
    • FileMaker Server 18
    • Zabbix Server Monitoring
    • FileMaker Server 17
    • FileMaker Cloud
    • FileMaker Custom SSL Certificates
    • oAuth and External Server Authentication
  • Brain Food
    • Security Concepts
    • The Left Brain
    • Upgrading & Migration
    • Data Analysis
    • Development Standards
    • The Separation Model
    • Relational Database Theory
    • Damaged / Corrupt File Problems
    • Bar Codes (Printer, Scanners, Software)
    • Hardware & Networking
    • OS Level Database Automation
    • Product Ideas
  • JavaScript Integration
  • FMForums Affiliates & Sponsors
  • FileMaker Classifieds
  • FM Forums Operations
  • FileMaker Friday Night Chat's Topics

Blogs

There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Categories

  • White Papers
  • Infographics
  • Samples
  • Solutions
  • FMGo
  • Plug-Ins
  • Tutorials

Product Groups

  • Workplace Innovation Platform
  • Site Advertising
  • Development & Hosting

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Title


Industry


Location


Interests


Website URL


Skype


MSN


Yahoo


OS Version

Found 3 results

  1. I created a subset of my Members table. It holds PK_ID and Type I collect into $$PriorType the value of the PRIOR value of the selected 'Type'. I collect into $$NewType the value of the CURRENT valaue (collected on EXIT) of the 'Type' From a script, everything works as expected until I get to the Replace command: At best, I can change the first Type in the first record. Additional Types remain unchanged. I am not real clear on the optional settings on Find/Replace but I have tried all the different combinations and permutations with frustrating results. I can 'see' in debug that everything is working as expected. But, when I get to Find/Replace, I am unable to get all the 'found set' to be changed. Also, I can see the cursor in the top record in the Type field. The record below remains unchanged. If that isn't weird enough, Close Window does not close the window? huh...
  2. Hi! English is not my native language and I'm using FileMaker in a other language so some spelling/translation errors might occur. I have searched and tried to find a solution for this but couldn't find any. I have a text field, let's call it "Table::Colors", where users either write values manually or paste values. Most of the time the user paste in values. I want to make a script/calculation that changes the pasted value so it becomes correct. --- The user usually paste something like this: "1Green 2Dark blue 10Red3 15Yell0w Purple4" --- I have a script that runs when the user enters/exits the field that looks like this: "Insert text [Table::Colors; Substitute(Table::Colors;["¶";", "];["1";""];["2";""];["3";""];["4";""];["5";""];["6";""];["7";""];["8";""];["9";""];["0";""])" I also have an auto-enter calculation on the field itself and have set it to replace existing value. It looks like this: "TextFormatRemove(If(Right(Table::Colors;2) = ", " ; Left (Table::Colors ; Length(Table::Colors) - 2 ) ; Table::Colors ))" When the user exits the field the value now looks like this: "Green, Dark blue, Red, Yellw, Purple" --- However I want it to look like this: "Green, Dark blue, Red3, Yell0w, Purple4" Basically I want to remove numbers in the beginning of each line but not the numbers that are in the middle or last. Is there a good way to do this?
  3. I am trying to get around merging files. I have a database of Matters in filemaker pro advanced. I have created a script in the matters file which uses applescript to open a word template file, rename it according to the name of the record I ran the script from and save it with the new name. This part of the script works fine. It is implemented by using a global field with the filename in it and setting a variable in applescript by reference to the global field: "get cell" The new file is a letter - I want to be able to extract the name of the matter from the filemaker database and place it at a specific location in the word document. My plan is to have a unique word on the document and to search for that word and replace it with a variable in applescript derived from a field in filemaker. I want to do this, if it can be done, without closing the document I have just created. after much trial and error i am getting the feeling that I may not be able to do this unless i close the document first and/or that you cant use defined variable in the search replace "command" (if that is what it is - forgive me I am not a programmer or anything) Thanks in anticipation.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.