Joost Miltenburg

SaveAsPDF corrupted font or layout ?

LS,

We recently migrated from FM14 to FM15 and suddenly some invoices come out strange after the saveAsPdf script step . ( see pic ). When in preview mode everything  seems to be ok and is printed to a printer ok.

Theme : Classic, Font used : Calibri size 11 and 12.

Problem occurs on Mac 10.11 and Win10 with FM15.

When I do a print ( to preview ( mac )) and then save as pdf everything is also ok, so it seems to be related to the FM pdf renderer.

However, not every invoice has this issue, but I wonder how data could cause this behaviour.

Best regards !

factuur_saveAs.png

bcooney    101

15.0.2? I'd explore the possibility of a corrupted font.

Like I said, it happens in 15v1 as in 15v2 on Mac and Win.

Printing to pdf with a different tool, eg. Microsoft PDF writer ( win10 ) or Print to Preview and then Export as Pdf works fine.

Current font : Calibri. 

When I change te font to Arial, the problem seems to disappear.

ernst    0

Hi Joost, 

How can a user paste a 0x0 character in a field, and is that somehow visible in a regular layout, or did you have to find out by using the 'Code ( text )' function?

Ernst

Hi Ernst,

this usually is done by copy/pasting data from an email. A reference number for example. It is not directly visible in FM. If you move from character position to character position in the FM field you'll notice that you have to press the arrow key twice.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By pomilpetan
      Good morning everyone I created a database runtime solution with FileMaker Pro 15 advanced. The program must export the contents of a form in PDF format. In a solution that runs under FileMaker I could use the command "Save as PDF" but this command does not work in a runtime solution. Could someone tell me how I could make this function? thank you so much.
    • By ChrisS
      Does anybody know how we can workaround this behaviour of FileMaker Server/Client 15 on Mac/Windows:
      If we are inserting an image into a container field which stores the files externally and the filename is more than 50 characters, FileMaker strips the filename. I know that we cannot change this, but the problem is that another field which stores the filename for InDesign does not get attention to this.
      Is there a way to read the stripped containerfield-filename of FileMaker so that we do not have problems with longer named images?
      Thanks for any help…its driving me crazy :-(

• By 3rdparty
      I have been using the the scriptmaster plugin for sometime on a previous Mac, specifically for the Rotate Image function.  The instalation on the previous Mac would have been FMP12 advanced, Scriptmaster plugin from about Sept 2015, and Mac OS 10.11.xx    My solution used the function pasted into the startup script and although it wasn't fast, worked fine.
      I have now made a new installation of the Scriptmater Plugin, v5.05 on a new Mac running OS 10.12.5, FMP advanced 13, and there are a couple of strange things that appear to be assocaited with Java:
      1. When I launch FMP it does not come to the foreground.  Instead the foreground application is Java...
      2. When FMP is active, I see a Java application active in the dock.   This wasnt the case in my prevous installation of Scriptmaster where (if it was active), Java was not a foreground/visible process
      3. When I quit FMP, irrespective of whether the database that I was working on did or did not use a scriptmaster module or function, Java crashes and I get usual dialogue box "Java quit unexpectedly".  I have put a copy of the crash report here.
      Any ideas as to what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance

• By jrich4411
      Good evening people.  As the title states, I am a complete newbie to FileMaker Pro.  I've done some fairly extensive work with Excel, but this is my first experience with databases.
      For now, I'm looking for advice and suggestions.  I promise I will have plenty of "how do I... " questions later, but for now I need to pick a direction to go in with my new project.  I've spent a bunch of hours viewing Intro to FileMaker tutorials on YouTube and I've experimented with creating a couple test databases.  If this is not the correct forum for this question, please let me know.
      So, my wife and daughter are heavily involved with riding horses.  I've been drafted into being on the Board of Directors for our state Quarter Horse Association (Quarter Horse is a breed like Thoroughbred or Clydesdale).   The first thing I discovered is that they have NO association membership database of any sort.   What they do have is simply a file folder of applications for members, one folder for each year.  Me being an I.T. geek by trade, I know there is a better way.  I've at least entered the info into a spreadsheet (my specialty) so we have the info electronically to be able to reference current membership status during our shows.
      I wish to create a database for the membership, which I've done so far.  It has basic info - name, address, etc.  I have an ID field that automatically increments with each record - seems to be a strong recommendation in the tutorials I watched.  I have a field that combines the first & last name fields which I plan on using for looking up membership info, sending renewals, etc later.  I also have a membership year field and here comes my first question.  When I renew a member for the new year, I want to keep the previous year's record in the database - should I ever want to print a report for 2016 membership in 2019 for instance, I can.  So I figure I need a static member ID field that is separate from the record ID field I already have that can be linked to another database which will hold that member's horse information.   Is it possible to have a field that will increment serially when I add a new member but will copy from the previous year's info when I renew a member for a new year?  
      I'm looking for any and all suggestions - links to videos that might help - suggestions for a better way of accomplishing my goal, anything at all.   I'm not a programmer so I don't have that background FYI.
      Thanks!

Jon
    • By 123
      Hey,
      what happens if I create a solution in FM16 and use the "Card Window" feature and someone else who still has FM15 wants to work with my solution? Will this work or is it not even possible to run the FM16 solution?
      Thanks in advance,
      Mike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.