Sign in to follow this  
ggt667

When exporting XML as fmxmlresult.xml when does FilMaker populate the content of the layout attribute?

ggt667    6
Posted (edited)

When exporting XML as fmxmlresult.xml when does FileMaker populate the content of the layout attribute?

Usually it looks like

<DATABASE DATEFORMAT="D/m/yyyy" LAYOUT="" NAME="Menu.fp7" RECORDS="51" TIMEFORMAT="k:mm:ss "/>

Yet sometimes it looks like this

<DATABASE DATEFORMAT="D/m/yyyy" LAYOUT="menu" NAME="Menu.fp7" RECORDS="51" TIMEFORMAT="k:mm:ss "/>

Then again when querying the XML RPC it always look like this

<datasource database="Menu.fp7" date-format="MM/dd/yyyy" layout="menu" table="Menu" time-format="HH:mm:ss" timestamp-format="MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss" total-count="0" />

Asking the question myself, answering the question myself as well. Checking the following checkbox populates the LAYOUT-attribute of FMPXMLRESULT

FMXMLRESULT LAYOUT populate.png

Edited by ggt667
Solved

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Kevin Groder
      Hi,
      Has anyone else found that you are unable to export .fmp12 records from FM 16? I use this step in many scripts and the first machine I upgraded ( out of 48 ) I get the "unable to save file" error every time. FM 15 works, FM 16 fails on the same DB, same table, same record set. I can't even export manually.
      I made a screen movie here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOGcm4bt86o

• By Andreas T.
      I need some help in determining if I am missing something crucial here or if there is a limitation or bug in the function BE_ApplyXSLT from the BaseElements plugin. I am using version 3.3.4 (which is the latest) on Mac OS X 10.11.6 using FileMaker 15 Adv. and 16 Adv.
      I am unable to get any output from the transformation, nor any error.
      According to the documentation, the command shall return either 0 when successful or an error. Link
      In my testing it only returns blank, and gives no error even when no output file is generated. It should not return blank in cany case according to the docs. (I suspect there may be a documentation error and that it actually returns blank when there is no error.)
      No error is found using Get(LastError). BE_GetLastError returns 0.
      The function format is this:
      BE_ApplyXSLT ( xmlPath ; xslt ; outputPath ) Here are the input parameters I have used:
      BE_ApplyXSLT (      "/var/folders/y6/1yf76qcs5y91h_w4j27hxp980000gp/T/S10.2/ABC_nota_108.xml" ;      BE_ReadTextFromFile ( "/var/folders/y6/1yf76qcs5y91h_w4j27hxp980000gp/T/S10.2/HTMLvisning/Stylesheet_Full.xsl" );     "/var/folders/y6/1yf76qcs5y91h_w4j27hxp980000gp/T/S10.2/output.html" ) I have verified that the files exist and that both the XML and XSLT are valid. All files are in UTF-8. I can transform the XML with this XSLT using other
      methods without errors. I have also tried having the XSLT in a variable.
      As I understand it, BaseElements uses the libxml2 engine. I have tried doing the transform from the command line directly and it works as it should:
      xsltproc -o /var/folders/y6/1yf76qcs5y91h_w4j27hxp980000gp/T/S10.2/output.html /var/folders/y6/1yf76qcs5y91h_w4j27hxp980000gp/T/S10.2/HTMLvisning/Stylesheet_Full.xsl /var/folders/y6/1yf76qcs5y91h_w4j27hxp980000gp/T/S10.2/ABC_nota_108.xml It also works fine using the XMLLib OSAX in AppleScript. Unfortunately, I need Windows support also so I would like to get the BaseElements function to work.
      I hope somone can shed some light on what may be going on.
    • By blueworld4
      I am having some trouble getting my XSLT file to work.  I have followed many of the posts on here and have referenced
      https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xsl_intro.asp
      https://www.w3schools.com/xml/tryxslt.asp?xmlfile=cdcatalog&xsltfile=cdcatalog
      I seem to be able to get the examples to work and have had success with the example files for metars.cache.xml weather meter readings, but can't see why my own isn't working properly when it looks the same to me.  Any guidance would be gratefully received.  I am not new to Filemaker but this is my first attempt at importing and exporting data to/from our solution in XML which meets the UK Government standards.  My XSLT seems only to match fields but not actually import and records.  I have attempted referencing the template match to root with  <xsl:template match="/Message"> but this causes an "Invalid Document Structure" error in Filemaker, which doesn't seem to be a problem with the w3schools try xslt page.  I have reverted back to the format in the meters.xslt example file and now hope that somebody can help!!
      metars.cache.xml
      meters.xslt
      ILR-99999999-1617-20160229-144401-01.xml
      ILRLearningDeliveryImport.xslt
    • By jeffwest2
      Trying to set up mirror sync for the first time using FM15 Pro (Not advanced). 
      I have got past the set up of where the database is, the issue is when I try and set up the , as I don't have Advanced I have to import the MirrorSync.xml file directly, when I click continue I get an error that says, 'XML/XSL information is not enough to proceed with import/export', no matter where I put this file it fails.
      Any body had this? and what did you do to get round it?, be great if I could get rid of this sooner rather than later.
    • By sflynn
      Hi everyone.  Could someone help me?  I am so close to having this working and we've spent the last two days trying everything, and we're stumped.  We built this xslt template and it's associated xml file... and filemaker opens up like it's all good, allows me to map the fields, all good, then we hit import and it only does one file and there is no data in any of the fields.  These two files are the short sanitized version of the data, the original xml has 600 records... but this is exactly the structure, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell us what we are missing.?  Again, no data arrives in the record, and it only does one record even thou we have 600.  (I know this one will only be a single record).  
      Any guidance from the group would be so appreciated.  Thanks.
      Steve.user-export-short.xslt
      SteveXML RecordShort.xml

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.