BugsyOhar

Merging Multiple Databases into One

Over the past ten years our organization have been using a PO database solution to store all purchasing information. Each year

the layout would change to illustrate which year it represents. We would like to merge each of these databases into one for better

searching capabilities. Is there an easy way to accomplish this task while still maintaining data integrity? Thank you!

What version are they in now?

Is each year a separate file?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By john renfrew
      WHen testing out High Sierra I am getting a Jav app in the dock every time I run FileMkaer with Scriptmaster. Closing doesn't seem to remove the app..
      It crashed the other day a couple of times so I ended up with three icons there

What is this, can can it not be so???
    • By elipsett
      I've been using FMP13 on MacOSX 10.12.6 with Apple Mail to send FMP-generated emails with attached PDFs. 
      I recently switched from Apple Mail to Airmail, and it is now impossible to send emails from FMP.

Does anyone know if Airmail can send mail with attachments on Sierra MacOS 10.12.6, if I upgrade to FMP16?
      That's the only reason I might really need to upgrade, and since upgrading to FMP16 will also require a few new computers to run the new OS that the new FMP demands, I'd rather not spend all that money now if I can avoid it.

Thanks.
    • By igservices
      I'm running FMPA 16.02.205 and ScriptMaster 5.05 in MacOS 10.12.6.
      ScriptMaster doesn't retain the activation state from one start of the app to another. It's not totally consistent either.
      Any ideas why the activation of the plug-in isn't being retained between app restarts?
    • By Jeff M
      Hello,
      I've done quite a bit with FileMaker in the past, but have never jumped into the XML arena. Now I have a need to do so, and I'm really needing some help with something I'm sure is quite basic...but still foreign to me. I have an external data source which export XML in a very specific format (see attached). I need to import that into FileMaker so I can manipulate the data, do some various lookups, etc. Once I've made my changes in the data, I need to export in the exact format it was when imported so the external data source can properly import.
      Not sure if it makes sense to import into 2 tables (workflows, workflow steps) or just a single table. I'm open either way. Once the data is in FileMaker I can get all my calculations and lookups and scripts going and make the data what I need it to be, but then I'll need to export it.
      Can someone point me in the right direction?
      Thanks so much in advance!
      Jeff
      workflows_export.xml
    • By Bartek
      Hi there,
      I am making cutom import and export from/to excel documents.
      Is there any way to merge excel cells in scribe?
      I can easly find out which fields are merged when importing.
      two nested loops and if second col or row is empty while reading i consider it merged.
      Problem is while exporting.
      I need to add new rows to excel documents and keep 1 column merged for each set of rows(like in sub summary but vertical).
      Thanks in advance for any help.
      Have a nice day.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.