calebruth

MacOS Sierra Installation Failed

calebruth    0

I tried to install MirrorSync 3.17 today on a MacOS with 10.12.3 and FMS 15.0.3.308. The installer is hanging at about 80% progress at "Running package scripts..."

Is there an installer log file that I can examine?

In addition I noted in the docs the restriction against multiple users sharing the same file on the same device:

http://docs.360works.com/index.php/MirrorSync_advanced_topics#Can_I_share_a_device_among_multiple_users.3F

I am wondering about the details of this restriction and is it possible for multiple users to share the same db file on the same device if there is no record filtering or record-level access features enabled?

Jesse Barnum    50

The installer log files are at /tmp/360Installer.log, as well as /Library/360Works/Internal/Logs/stderrProscTomcatDaemon. If you want to send those files over to support@360works.com, somebody here can review them.

On your second question, yes, it is OK to share the same db on the same device as long as there is no record filtering.

• Like 1

calebruth    0

Thanks for the reply. It appears to have failed due to a lack of an active Internet connection. When I changed to another network, the install completed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By 3rdparty
      I have been using the the scriptmaster plugin for sometime on a previous Mac, specifically for the Rotate Image function.  The instalation on the previous Mac would have been FMP12 advanced, Scriptmaster plugin from about Sept 2015, and Mac OS 10.11.xx    My solution used the function pasted into the startup script and although it wasn't fast, worked fine.
      I have now made a new installation of the Scriptmater Plugin, v5.05 on a new Mac running OS 10.12.5, FMP advanced 13, and there are a couple of strange things that appear to be assocaited with Java:
      1. When I launch FMP it does not come to the foreground.  Instead the foreground application is Java...
      2. When FMP is active, I see a Java application active in the dock.   This wasnt the case in my prevous installation of Scriptmaster where (if it was active), Java was not a foreground/visible process
      3. When I quit FMP, irrespective of whether the database that I was working on did or did not use a scriptmaster module or function, Java crashes and I get usual dialogue box "Java quit unexpectedly".  I have put a copy of the crash report here.
      Any ideas as to what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance

• By Lewis Stairs
      Hello,
      I noticed that on the server in which MirrorSync is installed, one of the mirrorsync.data files was 12GB+ in size. It is in the filepath formula C://Program Files/360WOrks/SyncData3_MirrorSync/FileMaker Server_x.x.x.x_FileName/mirrorsync.data

Is there any way to either reduce the size of this file, or stop it getting any bigger? 
      Thank you in advance for you help
      Lewis
    • By amallison
      Since going from version 2 to 3 of MirrorSync last year we have constantly had MirrorSync crashing the Web Publishing Engine. 
      Sometimes it says "Error from server: FileMaker XML WPE Web Publishing Engine is not running at <the hosted IP>. Ensure that the WPE is working correctly, and then try this operation again."
      But usually it is an Error 10 error. "Error 10 while connecting to http://<the hosted IP>/sync?ping=1&config..."
      Early on we made the documented suggested changes for this error, to the connectionTimeout Property in the IIS Manager application. With no noticeable effect.
      Most of the time MirrorSync works as expected and does a great job and then clients can't sync and all hell breaks loose.
      Do you have any other suggestions for what might be causing this issue?
    • By dataclip
      During the installation of MirrorSync I can not select the spoke database if I select the option to use a separate mobile file.
      I get an error message thta MirrorSync can not get the database names (image mirrosync2). However database names are available when I select the hub database (image mirrosync1). When I select the option sync with an emtpy clone or complete copy of the main file I can continue the installtion process.
      Any idea why Mirrosync can not find db names for the spoke database?

• By MikeKD
      Hi Folks,
      I've broken a pdf saving script which used to work. The filename itself hasn't changed so I don't think that's the problem (there are no /s for instance) - I'm pretty sure it's the file path and Mac OS re-organising itself to sync with iCloud.
      I'm trying to save PDFs to Dropbox and I think that the Dropbox folder on my my has changed location. According to info, the location is /Users/mikekentdavies/Dropbox/KJA Music Library.
      The calculation I'm using to set the location variable is below; can anyone see where I'm going wrong? (I've also tried various combinations of filemac: / file: / .. / : etc having read the FM creating file paths webpage.)
      "filemac:../Users/mikekentdavies/Dropbox/KJA Music Library/Set Lists/"  &  Gig::Gig Name & " - "  &  Gig::Version  &  " Set List.pdf"  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.