GisMo

Insert From URL - posting files to PHP script

GisMo    7

I have a php script that takes two PDF files and merges them into one file. I am using this in conjunction with the insert from URL script step. 

The way the script works is it takes two PDFs in container fields and base64encode each files. Then, those two base 64 strings are POSTed via insert from URL.

I've tested the script forwards and backwards and it does combine the PDF files reliably. The issue is when posting from FileMaker. What typically happens is the first page is combined twice and that's my resultant PDF. 

My php script checks that both inputs are different and throws an error is they are identical. I don't get any errors there.

Is there a way to POST a file from insert from URL?

ggt667    6

I concatenate 2 PDF files using ghostscript on the Mac, not sure how to do that on Windows, should be a similar way.

If you like your PHP approach I do recommend looking into the way I write about in my blog: http://wethecomputerabusersamongst.blogspot.com/2013/10/execute-php-script-from-filemaker-with.html?q=mercutio

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By NewBoard
      I have a database, which has two printable forms. One has been designed in portrait, and the other in landscape. Both of them are only ever printed using buttons tied to script steps, never manually. I was hoping that there would be some way to specify orientation via the script. However, after some poking around of my own and light Google searching I am thinking this may not be so easy.

I am able to go into Print setup to change the orientation just fine, however this sets it for the entire database which is not all around helpful. While specifying the options in the print step, I am able to change orientation. For some reason though, this changes the default orientation across the entire database. Not even while running the script, but just specifying it in the options of the script step. So now I'm at a loss.
      If this is not able to be done, redesigning one of the forms wouldn't be that difficult. But if there's a way to do what I'm trying to do, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
    • By wedgeman
      Use Case:  I've got a graphic (in this instance, a complete human body).
      I want to mouse-over and click on say, the hand, and have that trigger a script, with a parameter.
      I'd hope to simply have a single script, read the parameter (which would in fact grab the value of the tooltip), and have that passed into the script.
      It seems to me that the various flavors of "get(objectname), etc don't seem to have a way to grab the actual text that's in the "tooltip" or "object name".
      Am I missing something in there?
      I'd love to be able to create 50 graphics, name each one by tooltip (or object name), and not have to create/modify a script for each and every single graphic.
      thanks for any help!

EDIT:  as a temp work-around, I've manually dropped the objectname into the script parameter, then have the script punch that into appropriate fields.. It's annoying to set up, and takes 5x's as long, but that's currently the only method I've got for this. 
      Any further options?
    • By Quito
      Hi,
      I want to create a Dropdown List of numeric options to select a range of records.  For example, the Dropdown list would contain:
      -------
      edit...
      Each option would select the next 5;10;20;50 or 100 records to the right.  A Checkbox would be populated (with an X) in the selected number of contiguous records; Then, a Find Selected Checkboxes would return the selected records.  The contiguous selection should be independent of whatever the current state of Found (Sorted/Unsorted) is.
      Any help will be gratefully acknowledged.
      Best,
      Daniel

• By jamescv7
      XML error: No memory at line 1
      Greetings, this error occurred when the Filemaker API cannot generate a bunch of records. (1000+ records and above)
      I've adjusted the time out settings for PHP even the memory limits.
      Is there any possible solution for this?

According to some information, the error turns out that the 10 MB XML scripts is unchangeable.
      thanks.
    • By wojeezy08
      My end goal is to have a button that, when clicked:
      1. Opens a pdf form from my server
      2. Fills in the form using data entered into FileMaker (I'm using FileMaker 10)

I'm on step one and and trying to use the "Open File" script, however it's not working.  Can the "Open File" script be used to open non-Filemaker files, such as PDFs?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.