Sign in to follow this  
hutchlad

Exporting Report Issue

hutchlad    0

Hey Guys,

Just a quick one, I have a large report that groups products together via Style, and has totals at the bottom in the green section (I realise they arent totalling but thats not my issue)

My issue is, that when I export as a spreadsheet, my products stay grouped by Style, but I cannot for the life of me get the totals to stay underneath the columns of each group! Any help or advice would be appreciated, I just want it so that its in the format below with the group of products, then the totals beneath.

image.png.ed17a0c38774f600378214e893367fce.png

comment    1,381

I don't understand what your picture is supposed to show, esp. the role of the multiple columns.  In any case, records are exported directly from the data level and not from your layout. If your export is grouped, you will have exactly one row for each group, and one column for each field included in the export field order. There will be no extra row for totals. If you really need that, consider other methods.

hutchlad    0
1 hour ago, comment said:

I don't understand what your picture is supposed to show, esp. the role of the multiple columns.  In any case, records are exported directly from the data level and not from your layout. If your export is grouped, you will have exactly one row for each group, and one column for each field included in the export field order. There will be no extra row for totals. If you really need that, consider other methods.

On my layout, I have my products grouped by STYLE. Which will have say 5 or 6 related products as shown in the above image as 'grey fields'

Where the GREEN field is, that is where I wanted a sub summary of the fields above. I didn't think you would need more information than that?

comment    1,381
Posted (edited)

I am afraid I still don't understand what you're talking about - esp. the part about "say 5 or 6 related products". I would expect a report of products grouped by style to look something like this:

Style 1
• Product A: $10
• Product B: $15
Subtotal: $25 

Style 2
• Product C: $100
• Product D: $150
• Product E: $200
Subtotal: $450  

Grand Total: $475

And, as I already said, this has no bearing on how your export will look like. If it's grouped by style, then at most it will look like this:

ttt.png.76c3ba37e14bb1c1d47f9d7190eb11f3.png

though more typically like this:

tttt.png.5a2f46012711deff7157f9bc7a546796.png

Edited by comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Little Mighty
      Hi Guys
      I can't figure out a solution for this. The final result is an export, No data have to be stored in filemaker afterwards.
      I need to combine and export data from 3 tables to the SAME field in Excel. Lets say we have table A: A1, A2 and A3, table B: B1, B2 and B3 and table C: C1, C2 and C3. These are tied together by a unique number in the solution. I need these fields to output i the export as all 1's in one column beneath each other, all 2's in one column beneath each other and all 3's in one column beneath each other. 
      I am thinking, that I need a new table to combine these fields in 3 new fields D1, D2 and D3 and then do the export of this table. After export, the table could be deleted until next export. I am thinking this should be set up as a script. 
      Does the above make sense, and could it be done via a script?
      Thanks for the help - really appreciate it!
    • By Bartek
      Hi there,
      I am making cutom import and export from/to excel documents.
      Is there any way to merge excel cells in scribe?
      I can easly find out which fields are merged when importing.
      two nested loops and if second col or row is empty while reading i consider it merged.
      Problem is while exporting.
      I need to add new rows to excel documents and keep 1 column merged for each set of rows(like in sub summary but vertical).
      Thanks in advance for any help.
      Have a nice day.
    • By enquirerfm
      I'd thought I'd solved this but looking at the background data it's not calculating properly. Any ideas much appreciated.
      I have a file with a date, bottle format, total cost and converted cost for larger formats (so, for example, 75cl might cost $20 but 1.5l costs $45. The converted cost of the 1.5l is $22.5). Assuming one beverage and just one bottle of each, I want to output a report which looks at the costs and converted costs over a specified period (eg 1/1/2016...12/31/2016) and outputs a 'premium' for, say, the 1.5l bottle.
      In this example, let's say I have 6 records:
      date1 75cl $19
      date2 75cl $19.5
      date3 75cl $20
      date4 1.5l $43
      date5 1.5l $45
      date6 1.5l $48
      Then searching between date1...date6 would give etc.
      However, it is not working out the totals correctly eg it is not calculating the premium properly for the 1.5l format - it appears to group all of the values together.
    • By Jason H
      I have a report that is not behaving the way I want it to and I'm not sure why.
      I have 4 tables that are all related to each other:
      Tutor -> TutorCourse -> Course -> ProgramArea
      "Tutor" contains the fields:
      TutorID
      FirstName
      LastName
      Email
      TutorStatus (active or inactive)

"TutorCourse" contains the fields:
      TutorID
      CourseID
      TC_ID
      CourseStatus (active or inactive)

"Course" contains the fields:
      CourseID
      ProgramArea
      "ProgramArea"contains the fields:
      PA_ID
      ProgramArea
      (There are more fields in each table but for brevity I have only shown the ones I use in the report.)

The REPORT
      I am trying to display:
      -All tutors in a specific ProgramArea
          -Where Tutor::TutorStatus is "active"
          -Where TutorCourse::CourseStatus is "active"
          -where Course::ProgramArea is the ProgramArea specified by the user.

My report layout is set to use the "Tutor" table.
      My results get:
      -All the relevant tutors without duplicates (this is what I want)
      -Only Active Tutors (this is what I want)
      -"Most" of the records have the correct "Course::ProgramArea" but some display a different one despite the Find specifying a specific one.
      -"Most" of the records have the correct "TutorCourse::CourseStatus" but some display "inactive" despite the Find specifying "Active".

Why is my report not working and how can I fix it?
      Thank you!!
      Jason

• By Rachel
      This is my first time posting, and I apologize if this is the wrong place. I've only been filemakering for a few months, so again, apologies if this is a stupid problem.
      I could use some advice.   I'm working on a solution that must create monthly reports in the following form:   http://i.imgur.com/Cf4Fjic.png   I've given up trying to bend the summary fields to my will, and began using the following approach:   Make two new tables - Queries and Reports.   In queries table, I have fields for M1, M2, M3, Region, Category, Subcategory and four result fields (M1, M2, M3 and YTD.) I also have foreign key into the reports table.   Then in reports table, I portal into the Queries table.   When report is run, a bunch of queries in queries table are created. The Results are populated via ExecuteSQL expressions.   My question is mainly this: Is this too backwards? I feel like maybe this is too weird of an approach and I"m just missing something simple about reporting and creating summaries?

Thanks!  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.