Sign in to follow this  
carolq

License Code Disappears in Preferences

carolq    0

Just wanted to share a little quirk. We just upgraded to FM16 and were trying to configure the email plug-in in Preferences (Mac and Windows, Pro and Adv users), and the license code wouldn't "stick". We would paste it in, click on Register, and go back in and it would be gone, although the company name appeared. We found that unchecking and re-checking the checkbox on the plug-in fixed it, it appeared permanently after that.

I've seen the same thing happen and it appears to be cosmetic when you register by script it returns a "1" (successful). However though it says demo on the license dialog. It does not expire in several hours like demo mode does and works normally.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 123
      Hey,
      I have a question about hosting my filemaker database. If I buy a license for 5 people form here: https://store.filemaker.com/filemaker-cloud , will I also need to purchase 5 normal FileMaker 16 Pro Client licenses so people can actually connect to the database? I don't quite understand how this works yet, maybe someone can help me out. Do I get the client licenses with the purchase of a server license? I need 5 people to be able to access it. Thanks in advance,
      Mike
    • By ajgeronimo
      Hi. We have successfully created a Filemaker Server to Filemaker Server configured. When we tried to add another Filemaker Server to Filemaker server configuration, we got an error "You have exceeded the limit of 1 Filemaker Server to Filemaker Server configuration for this license." In our license, we can sync up to 2 configurations. 

• By lenomadecom2
      Following the launch of the new version of filemaker 15, May 2016, the database becomes prohibitive for Filemaker developer, clients or hosting industry. This industry may cease to exist because customers simply all may migrate to other technology.
      Help us convince Filemaker and Apple to reconsider their license business model and keep them at acceptable costs for customers and service providers.
      https://www.change.org/p/philippe-waterloos-modification-de-la-licence-filemaker-15
    • By BC2015
      First-time setting up a complex (or what I think is complex) database, and really could use some help. The idea is to be able to create an inventory of Computers, Peripherals, Software, and Software Licenses, (and where each is installed/located), along with the Purchase Order information for each item, and the Vendor for each P.O.
      Here's how I sort of see it breaking down, but I'm confused as to how to setup the tables and relationships:

One Computer can have many Purchase Orders associated with it.
      One Computer can have many Vendors/Manufacturers/Sales Reps associated with it.
      One Computer can have many pieces of Software installed on it
      One Computer may have many Peripherals
      One Computer can have many Change Log entries associated with it.

One piece of Software (software title) can be installed on many Computers
      One piece of Software can have many Licenses associated with it
      One piece of Software can have many Purchase Orders associated with it.
      One piece of Software can have many Vendors/Manufacturers/Sales Reps associated with it.
      One piece of Software can have many Change Log entries associated with it.

One License can be installed on only one Computer at a time
      One License can have only one piece of Software associated with it.
      One License will have only one Purchase Order associated with it.
      One License can only have one Vendor/Manufacturer/Sales Rep associated with it.
      One License can have many Change Log entries associated with it.

One Peripheral can only be installed on one Computer at a time
      One Peripheral can only have one Purchase Order associated with it.
      One Peripheral can only have one Vendor/Manufacturer/Sales Rep associated with it.
      One Peripheral can have many Change Log entries associated with it.

One Purchase Order can have many Licenses, Peripherals, and/or Computers associated with it.
      One Purchase Order can have only one Vendor/Manufacturer/Sales Rep associated with it.
      One Purchase Order can have many Change Log entries associated with it.

One Vendor/Manufacturer/Sales Rep can have many Purchase Orders associated with them.
      One Vendor/Manufacturer/Sales Rep can have many Computers associated with them.
      One Vendor/Manufacturer/Sales Rep can have many Peripherals associated with them.
      One Vendor/Manufacturer/Sales Rep can have many pieces of Software associated with them.
      One Vendor/Manufacturer/Sales Rep can have many Licenses associated with them.
      One Vendor/Manufacturer/Sales Rep can have many Change Log entries associated with them.

Change log is: A manually-created list of notes for any changes, upgrades, problems, maintenance events, etc. performed for the entire department. Needs to be filterable/sortable by Date, Computer, Peripheral, Software, License, P.O., Vendor, and/or type of event. Event types would be from a manually-created value list.
      Would be great if I could have a layout specifically for entering these events. Also, not sure how I would go about entering events if one event affects multiple computers or peripherals at the same time. I might have to just make duplicate entries (one for each piece of equipment) to link an event to each piece of equipment it affects?

I've begun setting up tables for:
      - Computers
      - Software
      - Licenses
      - Peripherals
      - Installations (join table joining everything?)
      - Vendors/Manufacturers/Sales Reps
      - Purchase Orders
      - Change Log (not sure what fields I need in this) 

I'm also trying to figure out the Primary Keys and Foreign Keys, how the relationships should work, and how I can create a layout for let's say Computers that will show me:
      - Computer info (computer name, location, hardware specs from the Computers table)
      - P.O. number for Computer (from the P.O. table)
      - List of installed licenses (including software name/version, license number, vendor, and P.O. associated with that license) (portal to the Licenses table, filtered by ComputerID?)
      - LIst of installed peripherals (including the type of peripheral, manufacturer, name/serial number, vendor/P.O., date of install) (portal to the Peripherals table, filtered by ComputerID?)
      - Change Log list for that computer, sortable by date and/or type of change. (portal to the Change Log table, filtered by ComputerID?)

And a layout for Software that will show me:
      - Software name/Version
      - Type of Software (standalone software, software plugin, etc.)
      - List of Licenses associated with this Software (including software name/version, license number, vendor, and P.O. associated with that license) (portal to the Licenses table, filtered by SoftwareID?)

And a layout for Vendors/Manufacturers/Sales Reps that will show me:
      - Vendor Contact info (sales rep name, phone, email, website, etc.)
      - List of P.O.s associated with this Vendor, sortable by date, and expandable to see the individual items within that P.O. (such as license numbers and where those licenses are installed, or peripherals and where those peripherals are installed)

If anyone has any advice, I sure would love the help. Thanks.
    • By dbservices
      FileMaker Increasing Renewal Rates

Renew your FileMaker licenses by June 28, 2014 to save money, as FileMaker will be increasing its renewal rates by about 15 percent. This is the first increase in renewal rates in several years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.