• Hi gurus,

I am sure I’m missing something simple, but for the life of me I can’t figure this out. I have a database with tickets. What I want is when a new ticket is created I want to see a popover (see attached) then I want the user to type in the top box and as they type I want to filter the list below (a portal) and once they client is shown they would select it and a ticker is created for the client. I sound a script and modified to fit my needs but can’t get it to work. Can someone stretch a helping hand?

BTW the filtering is working but its not reflecting in the popover its reflecting on the layout.

2017-11-14_083150.jpg

2017-11-14_083532.jpg

Edited by JMart

I would suggest to watch these videos:

and

I personally rather the second method as I found it much faster.

Thanks, the main issue I am having is getting is to work within a popover.

It will work in the popover. The search method doesn't care whether your portal is in a popover.

But you might want to use the new card Window if you can upgrade to FM 16.

for some reason the result are not reflecting on the popover only on the layout.

Maybe just a typo.

Take a look at steps 8 & 10.  You set a variable $ThisTerm, then in step 10 you set field with $thisTerm. 

I'd rather do this with a filtered portal, or as find, as mentioned above with JMO's method (can't go wrong following JMO's advice ;) ) . 

Don't see the need to add the complexity of looping.

BTW, if the typo is the reason, here's where the Data Viewer & Script Debugger are you friend.  As you step thru, you would've seen the variable not being set.

Edited by Steve Martino
typo...about a typo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By rivet

Most of my medium to heavy scripts are now performed on server. To give the users some feedback while they wait, I wanted a method that was simple and subtle. In this example I ;
      added  a popover button with '+' icon set the feedback message in the popover title bar formatted, sized and positioned the popover   added a OnObjectEnter script tigger to the popover in the script I add a PSoS step with Wait for completion set to 'On' last step of script is Close Popover  

• By Hoytopher
      Hi all,
      I'm an FM novice who has a functioning database, and I'm trying to add layers of functionality to it. One feature I'm trying to design is a script to search through a Gmail outbox with certain keywords.
      In URLs, "%" translates to "%25". Filemaker appears to do this automatically - In Gmail syntax, you need to write "in%3Asent" to have the Gmail search bar contain "in:sent" which searches my outbox. Here's my current code for Go to URL:
      This "%" bit translates to "%25". I've tried "\%", I've tried creating a string, x, then having it open x, but no matter what I cannot get "%" to show up as-is, it always translates to "%25". Is there any way around this? I've tried subtracting text, but I just can't seem to get it to work. Any bright ideas? I can't find an answer to this specific question of disabling URL string substitution.
    • By rmstar
      Basic question.... Where do I find help on partial word searches?  I've been ...searching.... for a good writeup on FMP search operators that cover this to little avail.
      I need a expression that will search, get to a character, and then ignore/wildcard from there.
      So a search on "Chicago" will return:
      Chicago Chicago-IL Chicago-001 and so forth.....

• By Agentshevy
      Hello everyone..
      Guess I have been away for a while. Not fully back though because I am not really engaged with computer tech stuff at the moment. However, I really stumbled across a problem earlier today while going through my email logs. I observed that a server script I had set up has not been attaching the Pdf file report as supposed to. It only delivers the message while leaving out the file attachment. I did test the script when I added it but what I did not test was the result when run by the server.

Allow user Abort [Off]
      Commit Records/Requests [No dialog]
      Set Variable [$FileName;Value:"Summary"&".pdf"]
      Set Variable [$PDFPath;Value:Get(TemporaryPath) &".pdf"]
      Go to Layout ["Summary_Layout]
      Perform Script ["Print_Page_Setup"]
      Save Records as PDF [Restore;No dialog;"$PDFPath";Current record]
      Send Mail [Send via SMTP Server;No dialog]

As at the time of my writing the script, I was not observant about server-side scripts. I did go back just recently to observe that the "Save Records as PDF" script step is not server compatible.
      Please, is there any work around on this? Much help is appreciated.
    • By bmarcowka
      Hello,
      Noobs here.  I am looking for some assistance that when I select a record on a form I am taken to that record.  Example below.
      I am taking this simplified hypothetical example in the parts table with columns: Finished, Shared1, Shared2, Shared3
       Row 1 values: A, B, C, D
      Row 2  values: B, A, C, D

When Row 1 loads in the layout you sent, say that A appears on the upper right box.  Therefore B,C, D load in the bottom in red

Desired behavior: when B is then clicked, you want it to replace A in the upper right box and have A, C, D appear in the bottom in red.

Thanks in advance,
      Brett

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.